Cheating in map/ranking games

06/08/17 19:11
And to be clear, when I was at the top I friendlied before a challenge so I see nothing wrong with that if for strat reasons. If you didn't friendly before challenges before learning about this exploit (I learned today only) and now you do the friendly first then I would say at best it's a coincidence and at worst its proof of cheating. Also, if rugby players weren't always looking for exploits of rules we would have no need for a sir on the pitch. So I am not siding with anyone, I don't think mooners is moaning but may be a little passionate and not looking at all possibilities and I think vian can settle and explain what and why was done without calling names. It's a bug, a bug that needs fixed and I hope nobody uses it to cheat and only a cheat can prove they are a cheat so why waste time attempting to prove what is unprovable
06/08/17 20:23
I think that most of the players that have been around for awhile are perfectly capable of understanding what is going on in virtually every circumstance.
06/08/17 23:01
Its not a glitch nor cheating... its a pure circumstance of bad signal... its happened many a time to me without a friendly even being played before hand.. its as simple as that.. no point moaning, and accusing people of things.. its basic, your team lost, pat yourself on the back and keep playing the game...
07/08/17 13:40
The majority of you should by now know that unfounded / unevidenced allegations of cheating will not be tolerated.

That said, a number of issues have been raised here and done without resorting to Comments that go outside of the 'rules'.

I ask, has anybody actually submitted a ticket regarding this? If so, please post link. My main contact with the devs' English is only a tad better than my french ( which is not good ) and by the time you add the inaccuracies of google translate then.......... well! If already raised then I will try and push it further.

07/08/17 15:06
I want to make sure we are doing things right here carshalton, evidence was presented and a statement of why this was considered cheating, evidence was then questioned and attempts made to disprove the evidence. Then others discussed how certain times some of this could be true and could be false. This seems to be evidenced accusations and then the scientific method occurred to test the validity and strength of the evidence presented. While some did name call (I agree calling someone a cheat is name calling and changing a person's name around is also name calling) it seems to me that this was a positive dialogue. Am I correct in this assessment?
07/08/17 15:16
This is not a platform for accusing people of cheating. If there is any evidence, it should be presented through the ticket system and not on here.
Any accusation of cheating on here will be treated as an act of defamation, and the appropriate action taken against the offender.
This is not a matter for debate.
07/08/17 15:34
Then I ask again, has a ticket been submitted that I can follow up with the devs. ( or at least try ).
Monks, I know you mean well but your response gave me a headache!
07/08/17 16:19
A headache? Sorry. Just wanted to see what the rules are as you said unevidenced not allowed but waspy has clarified. No statements of cheating at all. If we see these statements do we all ignore knowing it will be addressed regardless of who makes the statement or do we assist and remind people not to make statements? I like the community here and want it going strong!
07/08/17 16:19
Oh, and I have only heard of the bug so have not placed a ticket
07/08/17 17:17
Black Monks :

A headache? Sorry. Just wanted to see what the rules are as you said unevidenced not allowed but waspy has clarified. No statements of cheating at all. If we see these statements do we all ignore knowing it will be addressed regardless of who makes the statement or do we assist and remind people not to make statements? I like the community here and want it going strong!

Absolutely. I've no issue with people being reminded to raise a ticket and not debate it here by whoever gets there first - so long as that doesn't turn into a slanting match.
Incidentally, nothing wrong with mentioning a bug that people might take advantage of, but actually accusing players is totally unacceptable.