Stupid game

02/06/16 15:48
Currently a guy is leading my league and out of his entire squad of 30 players he has exactly 1 front row player as he uses all number 8s in all the front row positions from position 1 to 5 he has only number 8s... And he's winning everything, destroying other teams.... This whole game is retarded. Fact.
02/06/16 23:44
Well it's actually quite smart, 8's are cheap to buy. He is just assigning training points in the right places to each 8 to get them to play that position and strategy well.
03/06/16 16:43
Yup; you're getting unnecessarily caught up on what is no more than a label. For them to be effective in those positions, he will have to have trained them accordingly,, so they're not really No 8s any more. Appears he's just smarter than the rest of your league, which is presumably why you're so cross.
04/06/16 12:53
Paul Herbert :

WELL PAL! THIS IS A STUPID GAME. In fact it is a retarded piece of insignificance especially when a team can kick a ball from inside their own half to their own player, standing behind all the defending players, and offside 5m from the try line....the receiving player STANDING MILES MIIIIIIIILLLLLLEEEESSS OFFSIDE OFFFFFFFFSIDDDDDDDEEEEE!!!!!!!! SCORES A TRY. F

That you felt compelled to write shows you are prepared to spend on time on it...

It has its flaws, some very frustrating, but I can forgive it not having the offside rule down to perfection; even top officials mess that up!
04/06/16 18:04
Think I would put that down to creative thinking, how do you build that into the strategy
04/06/16 18:57
Taff - British Lions :

Think I would put that down to creative thinking, how do you build that into the strategy

LOL: it might work for me after getting run ragged that I have a dozen players out of position!
06/06/16 10:26
Surely though, if he's got number 8's playing at second row they would come to grief in the line-out? You need a lanky bean pole to get right up there, not a great hulk of a number 8
06/06/16 10:47
Jon Deane :

Surely though, if he's got number 8's playing at second row they would come to grief in the line-out? You need a lanky bean pole to get right up there, not a great hulk of a number 8

Tell that to Justin Tipuric, when the lanky bean poles lift him up
10/11/20 23:51

The fact that the players who catch the ball are in front of the kicker is offside, a basic rule of rugby, even more so if they validate the try made by a player in the middle of the field. if you are not going to fix these bugs rename the game. This is not rugby