Match up - Leveling out the playing fields.

14/10/18 06:06
I've come back to this thread late and it seems everyone is making the same arguments they were on page one. The problem is actually not how the guilds are matched, it's that a level 70 can't lose to a level 40 unless he wants to. That's just a bad game mechanic.

So, with some time to dwell on it here's what I would change if I took over the game tomorrow.

1. Use the current guild vs guild system, it successfully matches the top guilds vs the other top guilds - based on their results.
2. Make max stat for any player something like 200. Once you reach whatever level allows you to have level 200 players(About 30 something) - stop increasing the max strat score.

Players who have played a long time will still have an advantage from better buildings and higher income to bid on shop items, but it's not an insurmountable advantage.
Cash players will still have the advantage because they will have maxed out players, but it's not an insurmountable advantage.
Players who win their league can still be promoted, but all that means is they play in a league against higher level players, not that their team automatically gets stronger. Maybe add some Gold ball incentive for winning a league too.

In terms of how you downgrade the current teams to the 200 star max - I dunno. Actually I wouldn't care if you just truncate anyone with greater that 200 stars down to 200 stars. That would give the high level guys a significant advantage in the first few seasons, which would maybe offset the obvious complaints they will give from their teams being depowered.

14/10/18 06:12
Actually I'll go further. Once you hit the max level - you wouldn't increase your level, you'd be graded. .I'd also change up the leagues a bit too.
Top league - Diamond. made up of gold tier teams who won their Gold League championship last season and Diamond league teams that finished in the top half of their league last season.
Second Tier League - Gold - Made up of teams who won the won their silver league championship last season, or finished top half of their gold league championship, as well as the teams who finished bottom 3 of their diamond league championship.
Third Tier League - Silver - Made up of teams who won the won their bronze league championship last season, or finished top half of their Silver league championship, as well as the teams who finished bottom 2 of their Gold league championship.
Fourth Tier League - Bronze - Made up of all remaining teams who have hit max level.

Numbers may need tweaking cause I have no idea how many teams are actually playing, but the basic idea is there. Top teams are teams who consistently beat other top teams.
16/10/18 10:40
@TheGoid, some very cool and interesting ideas there... I like them. Another way to avoid somany Draws and to get guilds to drop dead weight but keep them because they "strong" double the cash you get form games but give each member only 1 game not 2... I think i would like to see that implemented.