Unpredictability in Matches?

31/03/17 21:42
El's Dynamos :

janbrits7012 :

No reply

You only gave people 2 mins - calm down!!!

I do agree though, it's all a bit pathetic, this is half the reason why I've just sold up...

Sorry to hear that El's.
31/03/17 22:02
janbrits7012 :

Somebody screwed up big time,this made me realize that the moderators enjoying the benefits of people buying stuff so much they change the game in such a manner to enhance more buying.News for you.We are fed upped.You are ruining everything.How can a level 39 player not catch a ball,why does the no 10 starting to pass everything back to the forwards? Rubbish .Get your act together.Or are you deliberately\
trying to kill this game?

This is nothing to do with the moderators. I suggest that after you get your facts right you then have a look at your own game strategies before throwing rocks in this particular glass house. Issues like this have occured before. Those worth their salt take it on the chin and find ways to address the changes. We can only play the cards we are dealt but it is you that decides in what order.
31/03/17 22:51
We are the Hutchie :

El's Dynamos :

janbrits7012 :

No reply

You only gave people 2 mins - calm down!!!

I do agree though, it's all a bit pathetic, this is half the reason why I've just sold up...

Sorry to hear that El's.

Cheers, the other half was boredom and not being able to do 10am league matches (I know that deserves some sarcasm from the non-brits playing this). It's a good game but you reach a certain point so I'm just going to have an average team, long on every couple of days and generally chill.

By the way, on the other note, I'd like to put on record that I reckon the moderators do a pretty good job here in sometimes difficult circumstances, fair play.
01/04/17 11:47
janbrits7012 :

Somebody screwed up big time,this made me realize that the moderators enjoying the benefits of people buying stuff so much they change the game in such a manner to enhance more buying.

The moderators? We're just players like you, not our doing.

News for you.We are fed upped.You are ruining everything.How can a level 39 player not catch a ball,

Have you ever watched or played the real game? Week in, week out professional, international players drop the ball. It happens. Check out Tulusa Veainu's terrible misjudgement for Tigers that led to Saints' first try the other week. Players aren't perfect in real life or in the game.

why does the no 10 starting to pass everything back to the forwards? Rubbish .Get your act together.Or are you deliberately\
trying to kill this game?

Sounds like you need to get your own act together in terms of your strategies. Check your attack depth and forwards/three quarters settings for starters.

Far from killing the game, it's the changes and the challenges they present that keep me playing it, it would be very boring if you just created a strategy and forgot about it, wouldn't it?
01/04/17 12:13
WTF ! this is getting stupid, played a guy 152 star team (real) i am 170 star team, had full mb but lost 14-7, played in friendly won 45-0 ? my guild are playing teams well below them and losing left right and centre ! the basics of this game have changed and not for the better ! If your team is bigger and better at all levels and you use full mb, at no point should you be losing games to lower levels ! that's not making the game more real, a one off loss is understandable, but not on a regular basis ! what's the point in bettering your team, when the system ignores the basics ? and our guild has 5 strats so it's nothing to do with strats guys, the whole game is now a toss of coin, not building teams and strats !!
01/04/17 12:26
Iain Rees :

WTF ! this is getting stupid, played a guy 152 star team (real) i am 170 star team, had full mb but lost 14-7, played in friendly won 45-0 ? my guild are playing teams well below them and losing left right and centre ! the basics of this game have changed and not for the better ! If your team is bigger and better at all levels and you use full mb, at no point should you be losing games to lower levels ! that's not making the game more real, a one off loss is understandable, but not on a regular basis ! what's the point in bettering your team, when the system ignores the basics ? and our guild has 5 strats so it's nothing to do with strats guys, the whole game is now a toss of coin, not building teams and strats !!

You were playing a team 20 points below you and put full MB on? Wow! Have to say you rather got what you deserved!

But yes, I've seen that happen, and it's been entirely down to the interaction between strategies. If you're a high aggression team playing a low aggression team, MB tends to make you give away far more pens, as it boosts the agression to absurd levels, so what you're saying is simply not true. If you hadn't put MB on, you would almost certainly have won. Strategies is EXACTLY where your problem lies.
01/04/17 23:08
Guys for me the problem is not changes. I welcome change - it keeps the game interesting and challenging, and I enjoy having to work out a winning strategy. What bugs me is the UNPREDICTABILITY.

At the moment I can play 10 friendlies against the same team, neither of us change anything in our strategies, and we can get 5 wins and 5 losses each with scores ranging from losing 35-0 to winning 35-0 on both sides. In one game my players do what my strategy settings want them to do, and the next its like my players are on their own mission. Now how are we supposed to be able to test and tweak strategies and know what's working when the game play is a bit all over the place?

Now of course someone is going to say that the game is a bit like this in real life and all teams can have an off-day. Yes. But this game is not real life. The enjoyment of this game is in working out a winning strategy and out smarting your opponents, not winning a game of whose lucky day is it. Otherwise we may as well all forget about training, strategies, buying players and spending money, because in the end it's on the throw of a dice and which teams turn it is to have a bad day.

Consistency is all I'm asking for.
02/04/17 01:32
PhusionMedia Sharks :

Guys for me the problem is not changes. I welcome change - it keeps the game interesting and challenging, and I enjoy having to work out a winning strategy. What bugs me is the UNPREDICTABILITY.

At the moment I can play 10 friendlies against the same team, neither of us change anything in our strategies, and we can get 5 wins and 5 losses each with scores ranging from losing 35-0 to winning 35-0 on both sides. In one game my players do what my strategy settings want them to do, and the next its like my players are on their own mission. Now how are we supposed to be able to test and tweak strategies and know what's working when the game play is a bit all over the place?

Now of course someone is going to say that the game is a bit like this in real life and all teams can have an off-day. Yes. But this game is not real life. The enjoyment of this game is in working out a winning strategy and out smarting your opponents, not winning a game of whose lucky day is it. Otherwise we may as well all forget about training, strategies, buying players and spending money, because in the end it's on the throw of a dice and which teams turn it is to have a bad day.

Consistency is all I'm asking for.

Agree
08/04/17 15:44
Boys, am still wondering if it is worth bothering ! played a game in "Play a match" team was 100% as was mine, his team 145* (real) mine 169* (real), he won 45-0, played a friendly right after I won 35-0 ? how can there be 70 points diff, as no MB's used and my team isn't 45-0 bad !! These guys need to get a grip, how can you work out a strat ? all 4 game types should be based on the same rules, the only difference is MB's in GC's and league matches. this is stupid now as have no idea if my strat is bad or good !!
10/04/17 19:32
Iain Rees :

Boys, am still wondering if it is worth bothering ! played a game in "Play a match" team was 100% as was mine, his team 145* (real) mine 169* (real), he won 45-0, played a friendly right after I won 35-0 ? how can there be 70 points diff, as no MB's used and my team isn't 45-0 bad !! These guys need to get a grip, how can you work out a strat ? all 4 game types should be based on the same rules, the only difference is MB's in GC's and league matches. this is stupid now as have no idea if my strat is bad or good !!

Ditto that one. Too many variables that we can't influence by strategy, or can only influence by buying players at £99 a pop. Don't keep pushing the fault onto players and their strategies. This is unpredictability brought on by a flaw in the game engine, by design or not, its shafting us. Those who seemingly have perfect strats and aren't suffering are probably major shareholders!