Unpredictability in Matches?

12/04/17 21:27
Yeah I sometimes feel that it's already determined how you do that season... For example I was cruising along in 2nd place with a healthy point gap between me & 4th place, having never MB'd. All of a sudden I lost 3 games in a row against lesser teams and dropped down to 3rd. My last game I thought 'stuff it, I'll MB just to make sure' low and behold I lost that one aswel. Just played them in a friendly & won like 17-0 (can't remember exact score lol) how could I lose with MB, even if they MB'd then I still should have won. I'm still in 3rd, gonna MB my last game (again against a much lesser team) and I bet I frickin lose again and end up 4th. It's happened too many times to be a coincidence. I think the results are already decided and nothing you do makes any difference at all.

Absolutely had a guts full of this inconsistency
12/04/17 22:14
To all you complaining and moaning about the dynamics of the game have you either thought your opponent could be trying to deceive you like l sometimes play friendlies in a loosing strat and then play my main strat and win
13/04/17 16:01
Ashley Longthorn :

To all you complaining and moaning about the dynamics of the game have you either thought your opponent could be trying to deceive you like l sometimes play friendlies in a loosing strat and then play my main strat and win

Absolutely right. Lots of players leave weak strats on between matches to catch people out. Equally, as I've previously explained, sometimes putting MB on makes you lose a game you would otherwise have won.
How strats interact is pretty complex, and surely it's what makes the game engaging. If you want certainty, go and play with a spreadsheet.
13/04/17 20:47
Ashley Longthorn :

Well that could certainly be one explanation. Except in my case I'm referring to consecutive games where neither team is changing anything, and yet results can vary by up to 28 points either way. The players adherence to strategy settings also seems a bit erratic at times
13/04/17 20:49
Waspy Tiger :

Ashley Longthorn :

Absolutely right. Lots of players leave weak strats on between matches to catch people out. Equally, as I've previously explained, sometimes putting MB on makes you lose a game you would otherwise have won.
How strats interact is pretty complex, and surely it's what makes the game engaging. If you want certainty, go and play with a spreadsheet.

For a moderator, I find your comments generally arrogant and unhelpful. Just being honest.
15/04/17 08:54
Results from 2 matches played consecutively against the same opposition, same settings, same team kicking off:

1) 17-0
2) 0-27

Funny thing is the teams actually played differently and reacted differently in situations. This is the unpredictability I've been talking about.
21/04/17 17:53
Well the game makers have royally screwed this game up ! Have just watched a game between a 179 star team and a 7 star team (team manager got fed up and left), 40 mins in 0-0, next 40 mins 12-5 !! Really guys you think this is how this game should work ? strats mean shit if a 7 star team can only lose by 7 points to a 179 star team !! undo the last updates, and re-think your ideas. Oh and your away team bonus makes no sense what so ever !!