Playing players out of position

02/02/16 10:42
Anyone know if this makes a big difference? There is a team top of my league and he's playing an out half at scrum half, and two full backs as centres. I'd imagine that this is because they're cheaper to buy. Does it take from performance? I have sub full backs and no 8's with mich higher star value that I could be using if that's the case
02/02/16 11:15
If you manually train him into the position you want him to play it wont matter what number he has on his back
02/02/16 17:02
Richard Nelson :

If you manually train him into the position you want him to play it wont matter what number he has on his back

Correct - and in that, it's like real rugby.
03/02/16 14:40
How do you manually train him in a position?
03/02/16 14:49
When you get training points, click on the player in the training ground view, and you can allocate the points to whichever skill you wish - you just need to work out what you want from any position. Don't use the "Auto assign" button.
09/02/16 01:13
Hi Waspy Tiger

Sorry but I don't understand how you can allocate the training points to which skill you want?

I can go into the player and Strategy but unsure how you allocate the points to the skill.
09/02/16 09:43
OK, if you go into a player in the training area, you can set their individual strategies, but also if they have training points available, they can be allocated to a specific skill in the Attack Skills, Defence Skills or Physical and Mental tabs - you just click on the skill you wish to allocate the points to. This allows you to develop a player to suit your own needs - for instance, your lineout target needs a high value for lineout jump. These are typically high for flankers as standard, which means that if you have a flanker as your target, the opposition might well have a better one and so be able to steal your lineout throw. Train a prop up, and there's probably less danger. Or if you have a spare flanker, you can boost his Scrum Coordination and Scrum Force figures and use him as a prop. Just some examples.. when you start playing with it, you can train a very specific skill set to suit the way you wish to play. Makes the game a lot more fun!