Variable weather

19/10/16 22:27
Here's an idea that would introduce a new tactical element and added realism.
Introduce a weather report that sometimes includes high wind and/or rain. In bad weather make it harder to pass long distances and kick accurately. Provide a weather forecast one day in advance. This would require us to adjust our settings to suit the conditions.
20/10/16 01:09
Good idea! I like the sound of this.
20/10/16 08:15
Whatever User Name I Try It Already Exists :

Here's an idea that would introduce a new tactical element and added realism.
Introduce a weather report that sometimes includes high wind and/or rain. In bad weather make it harder to pass long distances and kick accurately. Provide a weather forecast one day in advance. This would require us to adjust our settings to suit the conditions.

No idea what the intricacies of programming are but I love this idea.
20/10/16 11:22
The idea is very fun, but it would be really complicated to manage for players. The game simulation already depends on hundreds of parameters.
20/10/16 14:23
But that is exactly what the users want.

Things that are more than sim city.

Variables.
Brain teasers.
20/10/16 14:34
I would rather lose due to weather variables and have the chance to figure it out than lose to MB any day of the week. I think the championship levels are meant to separate those that can really dive in and figure out the variables, but instead it divides in that way and in who can use the most mb.
20/10/16 15:36
Black Monks :

I would rather lose due to weather variables and have the chance to figure it out than lose to MB any day of the week. I think the championship levels are meant to separate those that can really dive in and figure out the variables, but instead it divides in that way and in who can use the most mb.

I'm not so sure it divides by amount of match bonus used as much as how deep peoples pockets are.
20/10/16 15:37
PS. I like this idea. It would benefit those who are more involved in the game.
20/10/16 15:40
PierrotLL
Having chatted your response over with a few in the guild and people from other guilds, I think I am pretty safe to say that it's variables and strategy developments that the users are crying out for.

The weather one here is a great example.
If I just stick to international rugby, you can ask any England fan how much they relish the prospect of a 6 nations decider away in Scotland when the freezing winds and storms are about.
Very different from a sun scortched day down under.
Or a trip to altitude in SA
Or indeed an atmosphere in Cardiff with the roof shut.

At club level, the mud bath of Cardiffs old surface v the latest 4G pitch. Can safely say any rugby coach would have to change tactics between those two.

Bristol RFC Away in Jersey playing on what Andy Robinson (wrongly imho lol) described as a potato field (think that was the description)

am sure many of the folk here understand the difference between playing at freezing temps where your fingers and toes are about to drop off v 26 degrees and no wind.

This is a game, and your opening statement was great. This would be fun, it's the rest of the comment that disappoints. Please bring on thousands of parameters.
If your worried about new users finding it difficult to grasp, then perhaps take them on the journey many of us have travelled with your upgrades/

Maybe basic set up to level 9
10-19 have spacings
20-29 have weather
30+ pitch condition

So many options, and so many great ideas all across the forum....
maybe sharing some of sublinets ideas or plans for the next quarters upgrades would also help.
Give the users the carrot to stick with it.

Ramble over, I will now go back and sit back in front of the fire with my ovaltine.

Thanks.
20/10/16 16:31
Taff - International Lions :

PierrotLL
Having chatted your response over with a few in the guild and people from other guilds, I think I am pretty safe to say that it's variables and strategy developments that the users are crying out for.

The weather one here is a great example.
If I just stick to international rugby, you can ask any England fan how much they relish the prospect of a 6 nations decider away in Scotland when the freezing winds and storms are about.
Very different from a sun scortched day down under.
Or a trip to altitude in SA
Or indeed an atmosphere in Cardiff with the roof shut.

At club level, the mud bath of Cardiffs old surface v the latest 4G pitch. Can safely say any rugby coach would have to change tactics between those two.

Bristol RFC Away in Jersey playing on what Andy Robinson (wrongly imho lol) described as a potato field (think that was the description)

am sure many of the folk here understand the difference between playing at freezing temps where your fingers and toes are about to drop off v 26 degrees and no wind.

This is a game, and your opening statement was great. This would be fun, it's the rest of the comment that disappoints. Please bring on thousands of parameters.
If your worried about new users finding it difficult to grasp, then perhaps take them on the journey many of us have travelled with your upgrades/

Maybe basic set up to level 9
10-19 have spacings
20-29 have weather
30+ pitch condition

So many options, and so many great ideas all across the forum....
maybe sharing some of sublinets ideas or plans for the next quarters upgrades would also help.
Give the users the carrot to stick with it.

Ramble over, I will now go back and sit back in front of the fire with my ovaltine.

Thanks.

I do REALLY appreciate where you are coming from with this and the intention behind it but......

Surely you have seen by now that even the admin ( whilst doing their best ) do not have what I would call good english and therefore much gets lost in the translation. Therefore much of your well intentioned comments / eng slang will fly over French heads ( yes - like a well placed kick ) and not be taken as intentioned as best or misInterpreted at worst.