Stop punishing us for using Gold balls to Buy Land

04/02/18 20:34
When you purchase land plots with dollars the dollar price goes up.
When you purchase land plots with gold balls both the gold ball price and the dollar price goes up.

So if you have used gold balls in ignorance early on, you cripple yourself later on in the game. This would have been very useful to know, but like everything else - not documented.
05/02/18 16:22
Yep, these are the kinds of things you really need to be talking about in your guild - that is what they are there for. If your guild is non-responsive to these kinds of questions, then I would suggest looking elsewhere.

I'll give you another little tip for free seeing as you feel a bit burnt by this one. DON'T build a 4th bank. You don't need it. It'll take up a plot of land and it hardly saves you any money. In fact there are means and ways to game the banks and store money

When you first feel the urge to build a 4th bank, you'll cuss me and call me stupid. Then a few stadia upgrades and levels on, you'll realise exactly what I am talking about.

Save your gold for plots later on - use money as far as it will take you. Also use your gold to get 3 builders as early as you can, like now if you haven't already done so and make sure you are building constantly with all 3.

Wales. Guild: The Exiles.
05/02/18 17:41
How do you max buildings short a bank?
05/02/18 21:16
Black Monks :

1) Don't upgrade past stadium 20. Pointless exercise. All the useful buildings are available to build at that stage. Also by keeping your fans to 140k, you are helping your guild by attracting fairer and more winnable challenges.

2) 3 banks is enough to max all buildings except the stadium.

3) There are ways to store money elsewhere if you really need to (I already know you know this).

I was given this advice by a fellow leader of our guild, but it was already too late, I'd already bought the useless 4th bank prematurely.
05/02/18 21:22
Guest G8SUU3 :

Black Monks :

1) Don't upgrade past stadium 20. Pointless exercise. All the useful buildings are available to build at that stage. Also by keeping your fans to 140k, you are helping your guild by attracting fairer and more winnable challenges.

2) 3 banks is enough to max all buildings except the stadium.

3) There are ways to store money elsewhere if you really need to (I already know you know this).

I was given this advice by a fellow leader of our guild, but it was already too late, I'd already bought the useless 4th bank prematurely.

1. Most people want a challenge so they want more fans
2. Not true
3. There are ways to store but still a cap on what can be spent
05/02/18 21:26
That all said, there comes a point that you have such a nice cash flow every day between snack bars, goodies shops, champ and tournie games and GC games, that yes I suppose at some point building a 4th bank and upgrading your stadium may be something to do out of sheer boredom.

Don't do it early on is my advice. You can get to level 20 stadium with 3 banks and if you store money carefully at season end and come first in your championships, you can time it so you upgrade from stadium 19 to stadium 20 on the first day of the season without even upgrading your 3 banks to the required capacity. That's what I did.
05/02/18 21:35
Black Monks :

1. Most people want a challenge so they want more fans
2. Not true

1) I'm level 31 at the moment and I always beat guys in the level 40s every guild challenge. The last 4 guild challenge games I beat a level 49, 45, 56 and 49 (plus a losing strat against a level 15 which i am particularly proud of). I am hardly challenge- or work-shy.

2) Level 25 strat towers can be achieved with 3 banks easily. Most of the others can also as far as I can see. For example, my training ground is currently lvl 24 and the lvl 25 upgrade will cost 54 million. Well under the capacity of 3 banks.

3) Rushing to upgrade your stadium to the max early on is simply bad strategy.
05/02/18 21:40
Black Monks :

Most good leaders need a swift one to the arse from time to time

I personally would ignore this guy ;). You guys have superb strategy @Exiles.
05/02/18 22:21
Get over yourself nobody, grownups are having what is called a dialogue. Exiles, you said all upgrades but stadia could be done and I told you it's not true. Nothing else. It's odd that somehow stating a fact is considered anethema by big bad real life pro rugby players, it's confusing to say the least. Play the game as you see fit, but don't make definitive statements that aren't accurate. Say all day long that you think 3 banks is all you need, I'm not arguing that, but there are buildings other than stadia that require a fourth bank.
05/02/18 22:25
Guest G8SUU3 :

That all said, there comes a point that you have such a nice cash flow every day between snack bars, goodies shops, champ and tournie games and GC games, that yes I suppose at some point building a 4th bank and upgrading your stadium may be something to do out of sheer boredom.

Don't do it early on is my advice. You can get to level 20 stadium with 3 banks and if you store money carefully at season end and come first in your championships, you can time it so you upgrade from stadium 19 to stadium 20 on the first day of the season without even upgrading your 3 banks to the required capacity. That's what I did.

All this is 100% fair opinion