DL/OL players

11/11/16 17:37
I cannot substitute in DL players for OL positions even if there are injuries.

In all offensive plays it limits the number of DL players who can take part in the LOS to 2-3 positions.
There are no such restrictions in the defensive LOS.

Even though i have more than 7 DL they cannot take up Line of Scrummage positions in the offense. Hence i have WR/RB/QB in these positions.
Given the stats can be manipulated to "manufacture" what ever player you want this doesn't make sense (plus DL/OL players roughly need the same stats).
16/11/16 18:42
Actually, they need very different stats. Why would your OL need to be able to tackle, or anti-juke or hit power? (Hit power is to cause fumbles. Would be wasted points.
17/11/16 15:38
Look at it from the opposite direction. Why cant my DL play in the OL? If i have a guy who can run/block/penetrate/tackle/anti juke/hitpower why does he need to be in one specific position only? There is no position in any strategy for a K - so why for LOS players?! FYI - any player can be trained to be a superb kicker if i want - but i can not select a kicker because there is no position!?

The real issue i have is when i have injuries and i need to insert a player into a position. i would like to pick the player who has the best "stats" for that role. So for LOS roles i would like to be able to pick a DL instead of a RB/QB/WR for any injured OL player position (including C) - but the game wont let me do it.

EG. I can not select a S in any any offence LOS strat, sounds right? - but when i have injuries the game will auto pick one for me, but then only in a few positions? So i can end up with 2 QB in OFF LOS even though i have better players available from the DEF (the game wont let me pick them as an option for replacements)

I play the other SUBLINET games and this is the only version that has this restriction. Hence i believe this was not the intention (or they would apply a position penalty effect if it was) and may be an error/oversight. But i could be wrong, - Admins please advise?
19/11/16 00:35
For those not as familiar with the professional game:

Guys jumping from the offensive side to the defensive side is extremely rare. You would most often see it used for some sort of trick play, or to create an extremely situational advantage, but would not be something done for even a full quarter of a game. The nuances and skill level required to be successful as an offensive lineman are quite different from the perspective of a defensive lineman. If a player came into the NFL as a defensive player, they almost never converted over to being an offensive player, and the majority of those real life exceptions were due to the fact that the player couldn't cut it at their original position.

It is more frequent to see an offensive player switch to another offensive position, I have seen QB's become WR, RB and TE, I have seen Rb's become WR or TE, WR'S to RB or TE and TE's to OL. Defensive players have some flexibility as well on the defensive side.

At present, I would not be a fan of a positional penalty, because there simply not enough defensive players in the AH. CB is almost always in short supply, with the bid times I have seen getting into the 12+ hour range on the next 30 players, where as RB/WR don't seem to have this problem.
19/11/16 00:38
Mij - Garryowen :

Look at it from the opposite direction. Why cant my DL play in the OL? If i have a guy who can run/block/penetrate/tackle/anti juke/hitpower why does he need to be in one specific position only? There is no position in any strategy for a K - so why for LOS players?! FYI - any player can be trained to be a superb kicker if i want - but i can not select a kicker because there is no position!?

The real issue i have is when i have injuries and i need to insert a player into a position. i would like to pick the player who has the best "stats" for that role. So for LOS roles i would like to be able to pick a DL instead of a RB/QB/WR for any injured OL player position (including C) - but the game wont let me do it.

EG. I can not select a S in any any offence LOS strat, sounds right? - but when i have injuries the game will auto pick one for me, but then only in a few positions? So i can end up with 2 QB in OFF LOS even though i have better players available from the DEF (the game wont let me pick them as an option for replacements)

I play the other SUBLINET games and this is the only version that has this restriction. Hence i believe this was not the intention (or they would apply a position penalty effect if it was) and may be an error/oversight. But i could be wrong, - Admins please advise?

you CAN substitute OL guys on defense....but you will need a touch screen to be able to pull it off. I've done it with Android.