Fans or Ranking??

03/01/17 22:26
Doesn't this thread show that there is life in the game yet? You can play it in many ways. Just respect that yours is not necessarily the right, or only, way to enjoy it.
03/01/17 22:53
Monks - I appreciate that mate. I was genuinly on a strategy mission at the time, it was hard to keep up with the jump that particular season. Nonetheless, I could see your strat was awesome and have had you tipped to become one of the best players in the game in the not too distant future.

Hutchie - I agree this is a positive thread and it was started with the good intention that everyone can discuss the game maturely. Its nice to see.
03/01/17 22:53
I think it depends on how serious you play the game and to what level you're like for the games best players it's all about the ranking but for people who are average it;s more about the fans it depends on how serious you take the game but for me ranking is not important because I'll never be an elite player so for me fans mean more to me not to show strength just so I can upgrade which is part of the fun for me. Whats not fun is taking away the fans and getting hammered 50-0 every match to people with pack players who you can't win without buying. Like where is the skill to that tell me that's like having an MB on itself at least if your going to have it in the game limit the amount you can play in one first team.
03/01/17 23:00
I believe 1/3 of my XV are now purchased players but obtained from the auction house (full disclosure I did purchase one of them as a Christmas gift to myself, my wife doesn't know how to buy me a gift I want, lol). So just because a person has a full squad of max players doesn't unequivocally mean they coin. But I do get your overall point
04/01/17 00:23
And dont get me wrong i do like the ranking system once my guild aligns itself again we will look at playing them again just makes it less enjoyable for a guild mostly middle teen level to foke up against guilds with everyone at 20 plus we like a challenge not a massacre
04/01/17 00:24
Black Monks :

Where did admin confirm this?

Via ticket
04/01/17 01:04
Fans for me as I need the income to improve my town. Once thats maxed ill look to get as high as possible. There will always be a gap between the maxed squads and the players that dont pay so I know ill never get further than top 100 (ish)
04/01/17 01:05
Manawatu.......... Pacific stars :

Black Monks :

Where did admin confirm this?

Via ticket

Can you copy and paste the ticket? We have had one pairing with a guild way way way below us in ranking so if it's true the range they allow for must be astronomical, we are talking around 300% range and at that point why even bother with ranges, just pair the first two who want a gvg (this would be horrible, not advocating for it)
04/01/17 01:12
To show how pointless the guild rankings are, in my opinion, take a look at the 'top 3 guilds'. They combine to have 4 players in the top 100 with 3 of those belonging to club twickenham. The 2 french guilds have a combined 1 in the top 100. Sorry, but that's not a top guild. I'm glad that on this English forum the consensus seems to be that guild ranking based on fans is just silly.
04/01/17 01:30
Monks - I agree, either they change it based on individual rankings or it becomes a redundant part of the game that people don't bother to look at or work towards.