New Bonus point system

04/02/18 12:13
One of the fallen legends of the game :

There is no difference we are all just playing to the boundaries set down by Sweetnitro. We may not agree with them all but we have the chance to complain and then play to whatever new boundaries are provided.

And this happens to be the aspect of the game that is closest to real rugby. Any good packie knows that you play the rules of the game as seen by the sir on the pitch, not as some other person sees them. But I wouldn't know about this as I'm apparently just some low rate gamer, but thank goodness I don't think argentina is the third best team in the world right now.
04/02/18 19:09
Bluemooners :

The comparison you draw between fixing league matches which sees innocent teams relegated and milking an opponent in a one sided gvg is literally ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more. Match fixing is clearly dodgy and as someone else pointed out, can lead to relegation for teams playing fairly. That clearly is not on.

Milking the final opponent with a losing strat in a GC is just not being selfish to your guild team mates and benefits everyone, including the cash cow (perhaps most of all in fact).

There literally is no comparison.
04/02/18 22:07
I understand the distinction, you are basing it on harm. If nobody is disadvanted in any way by a thing, then it is ok. I also agree with that. However, I can also see that it damages the position against deliberate losing in a league game. Either there is an absolute moral imperative to try to win, or there is not. Indeed, the "match fixers" could argue that they are at least trying to win. As played by us here, the game is a 25-a-side virtual sport (for full guilds anyway). In the real world there are no guilds of teams.
05/02/18 04:17
Guest G8SUU3 :

Bluemooners :

The comparison you draw between fixing league matches which sees innocent teams relegated and milking an opponent in a one sided gvg is literally ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more. Match fixing is clearly dodgy and as someone else pointed out, can lead to relegation for teams playing fairly. That clearly is not on.

Milking the final opponent with a losing strat in a GC is just not being selfish to your guild team mates and benefits everyone, including the cash cow (perhaps most of all in fact).

except it hurts the other teams in the cash cows championship since they now have a large pool of extra cash to spend on MB or shop items, if you are against the match fixing because it hurts the other teams in their championship, how can you support the obvious advantage gained by having ten teams purposefully lose against you in a GC, if you're earning 5 mil a game and they lose 2 games each, that's 100 million that player has gained, that's a huge advantage they now have in their championship
05/02/18 08:29
Guest G8SUU3 :

Bluemooners :

I think you may have misunderstood the point of my post. The contrived 3 point each draws and milking a cash cow are unquestionably both forms of match fixing. Various posts on this thread have pointed out that there are benefits and harm in both of these results. I simply find it interesting that we can judge one form of match fixing to be acceptable and the other to be unacceptable.
05/02/18 08:47
Targaryen Dragons :

Guest G8SUU3 :

Bluemooners :

except it hurts the other teams in the cash cows championship since they now have a large pool of extra cash to spend on MB or shop items, if you are against the match fixing because it hurts the other teams in their championship, how can you support the obvious advantage gained by having ten teams purposefully lose against you in a GC, if you're earning 5 mil a game and they lose 2 games each, that's 100 million that player has gained, that's a huge advantage they now have in their championship

Absolutely. Perhaps it is the harm of lost cash to them that changes the argument. We should also not forget that in the real world of this game that it is actually a competitive match, as described on the introduction page. So what is the difference other than needing it to fund mb addiction even in tournaments for some and insane sports shop spending levels?
05/02/18 15:09
Targaryen Dragons :

if you are against the match fixing because it hurts the other teams in their championship, how can you support the obvious advantage gained by having ten teams purposefully lose against you in a GC

Because I am not a pedant and can see a clear distinction between underhand, seedy and dodgy tactics and something that is relatvely harmless. I never use MB so the extra cash prejudice argument is completely irrelevant to me. Maybe this will change when I get to the top, who knows?

Also, there is a way to play the game where you can get really good without needing massive swathes of cash so I cannot see how the occasional cash cow in sporadic GCs gives you any competitive advantage at all.

For the record, I also take no issue with gaming the banks and using other buildings and the gear auctions to store money. That's just using your brain to game the game.

There is a clear distinction between this and collaborating with your opponent to fix the result in a competitive championship game.

Again, literally no comparison. As an earlier post said, it's utterly ridiculous to compare the two.
05/02/18 17:39
MB is sadly a feature at the top as is crazy bids on sport kit but then there is nothing else to spend money on when you have maxed out buildings. I see there is a new emerging trend of using 35-35 draws to remove the harm to the team doing the milking from the loss of fans.
10/02/18 07:00
Guest G8SUU3 :

Targaryen Dragons :

if you are against the match fixing because it hurts the other teams in their championship, how can you support the obvious advantage gained by having ten teams purposefully lose against you in a GC

Because I am not a pedant and can see a clear distinction between underhand, seedy and dodgy tactics and something that is relatvely harmless. I never use MB so the extra cash prejudice argument is completely irrelevant to me. Maybe this will change when I get to the top, who knows?

Also, there is a way to play the game where you can get really good without needing massive swathes of cash so I cannot see how the occasional cash cow in sporadic GCs gives you any competitive advantage at all.

so your argument for allowing GC match fixing for the purpose of gaining cash is that extra cash doesn't help? If this was true then there would be no purpose to teams doing GC match fixing, the fact that most will shows that it is an advantage gained from purposeful match fixing, it may not have as dramatic an effect on championships, but it does have an effect no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise
15/02/18 15:00
T bone and mayhem are both match fixing cheating people from the same guild they should be punished this is beyond a joke