Following through a kick ahead

19/04/16 09:36
I absolutely love this game. I love the challenge of allocating skill points in the right areas to the right players, and I love the challenge of getting my strategy right and being able to change it as the game dictates. However there is one little thing that's bugging me. I don't expect to be told what to do, but I would like to know if this is a slight glitch in the game. When a player kicks ahead and then runs through to tackle the player fielding the ball, he suddenly veers off just short of the tackle. (he bottles it, in other words!!) If he had made the tackle and I win the ruck, there is a huge gain of about 40 yards to be had. He keeps bottling the tackle after kicking through. Is he just a wet lettuce and I need to allocate skill points, or is this a slight glitch. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
19/04/16 09:47
I honestly don't know - but the same thing happens to mine.
19/04/16 11:28
Ok thanks for the reply. If it's happening to you and me then I guess it's the same for everybody and it's a level playing field !
19/04/16 13:22
What I find is that if my team is rated a fair bit higher than the opponent, the player makes the tackle. Level, or opponent rated higher, he bottles it.
19/04/16 13:34
OK sounds good to me. Thanks very much