Match Fixing Part 3.

24/11/18 12:46
One of the fallen legends of the game :

Plenty who splash the cash and still can't capitalise on it.

Have to question those that were against a consolidation of the leagues as could reduce the incentive for match fixing especially if you had to be top 3 to make the rolling top level. No real incentive fighting to stay in the top 9.

Are you thinking top 3 from the very top level get a single promo, everyone below top 3 stay where they are and then the top 3 from the level below a double and 4 to 9 a single like normal?

That could actually really work!

In fact it's a pretty genius idea. Just think, to gain promotion to the very top level and especially to stay there, you'd have to genuinely be one of the best teams. Yes there would still be fixing to attempt to keep a couple of teams in the top three, but it would be much harder to orchestrate. It would do away with the need to police match fixing and the genuine creme would float to the top. Most good teams (but not quite good enough) would stay the level below the top and would therefore still be very good assets for GCs.

There would be fewer leagues at the very top level making it a more exclusive club.

In my opinion, the only way to stamp out match fixing is to make the structure of the game such that it is not really feasible or even worth doing it. The gain of being guaranteed top level (or 'kept safe') is taken away basically.

Of course, there would have to be a drastic change in the sports shop to make gear far more widely available at the level or levels below the very top one as there will be an increasing number of teams at those levels. The consolidation of the levels would happen organically, basically. However can we really trust Sweet Nitro to actually implement this without making a right pigs ear of it? Probably not...
26/11/18 20:32
Even another level of buildings would give an alternative competition for people's cash. No sign of this yet despite a ticket.
29/11/18 09:08
One of the fallen legends of the game :

Even another level of buildings would give an alternative competition for people's cash. No sign of this yet despite a ticket.

That won't work (unless it's strat towers). I'm not maxed on buildings and never will be now. When we asked for MB to be removed we asked Sweet Nitro to increase the number of items available. It was hard work getting them to agree to the paltry 20%. It's woefully insufficient. Most seasons you are lucky if you can afford all level 3 stuff, especially shoes.
29/11/18 19:44
So are the french guilds and Damage looking forward to match fixing next season?
30/11/18 13:29
Ystradgynlais {AC &WEFC} :

So are the french guilds and Damage looking forward to match fixing next season?

Yep.
30/11/18 20:22
You lot a pathetic having to really on help. What's the point in playing the game just to arrange wins and draws.
01/12/18 01:10

You lot a pathetic having to really on help. What's the point in playing the game just to arrange wins and draws.

I wonder if it's a rule within these guilds (we know who they are) that you HAVE to fix results against team mates and what would happen if they refused? (not that they ever seem to)
01/12/18 07:45
Bluemooners :

I wonder if it's a rule within these guilds (we know who they are) that you HAVE to fix results against team mates and what would happen if they refused? (not that they ever seem to)

You get publicly flogged if you refuse
01/12/18 09:25
You guys really do have Damage Inc. envy Do you keep awake at night thinking about us? Just play any leader 3 times for an invite then. Then you can feed that Damage lust.

You've got Damage so much on the brain that some of you wake up in the morning thinking about Damage Inc. and spending hours scouring each of our championship matches looking for a match fix... I mean who has time for that? Don't you have actual lives? So much so that you've even run shaking your rattles into the forum and accused us of fixing matches that weren't even fixed. We can't even make an error in subbing or changing strats without someone screaming "MATCH FIXING!"

Bluemooners even sent a string of private messages with a cute little tantrum to one of our players because he won his champ match 0-91. Because his champ opponent, who he's never spoken to before, forgot his champ match and had left his losing strat on. We had a good chuckle about that.

We have no problem talking about your pet subject if you insist. If our teams face each other in the championship and they want to draw or throw a match, that's their own decision. There is no rule for it or against it at Damage Inc., because our leadership team doesn't try to control the members' every movement in life, as seems to be the case in some other guilds around here. In any case, those of you who have started a part time job scanning our champ matches will no doubt know that by far most of our champ matches are straight anyway. The only games some of our teams might fix is against a fellow guild member. Don't like it? Join us or carry on crying in the corner. Whatever makes you feel better.

By the way, there is no rule against it in Sweet Nitro's rules either. So go cry a river to them.

After all, this, my friends, is not real life. It is a game. Played to pass time. For a bit of fun. Seems to me some of you have become a little unhinged and could do with some time off to get a little perspective again. To wipe your noses and tears and get a grip. I highly doubt the police will be knocking on any doors about RM matches not played according to your liking - or "in the spirit of the game".
01/12/18 09:41
Damage Royal :

You guys really do have Damage Inc. envy Do you keep awake at night thinking about us? Just play any leader 3 times for an invite then. Then you can feed that Damage lust.

You've got Damage so much on the brain that some of you wake up in the morning thinking about Damage Inc. and spending hours scouring each of our championship matches looking for a match fix... I mean who has time for that? Don't you have actual lives? So much so that you've even run shaking your rattles into the forum and accused us of fixing matches that weren't even fixed. We can't even make an error in subbing or changing strats without someone screaming "MATCH FIXING!"

Bluemooners even sent a string of private messages with a cute little tantrum to one of our players because he won his champ match 0-91. Because his champ opponent, who he's never spoken to before, forgot his champ match and had left his losing strat on. We had a good chuckle about that.

We have no problem talking about your pet subject if you insist. If our teams face each other in the championship and they want to draw or throw a match, that's their own decision. There is no rule for it or against it at Damage Inc., because our leadership team doesn't try to control the members' every movement in life, as seems to be the case in some other guilds around here. In any case, those of you who have started a part time job scanning our champ matches will no doubt know that by far most of our champ matches are straight anyway. The only games some of our teams might fix is against a fellow guild member. Don't like it? Join us or carry on crying in the corner. Whatever makes you feel better.

By the way, there is no rule against it in Sweet Nitro's rules either. So go cry a river to them.

After all, this, my friends, is not real life. It is a game. Played to pass time. For a bit of fun. Seems to me some of you have become a little unhinged and could do with some time off to get a little perspective again. To wipe your noses and tears and get a grip. I highly doubt the police will be knocking on any doors about RM matches not played according to your liking - or "in the spirit of the game".

I don't need to wipe my tears as i come through my league every season.
As you said, "It's a game". So why the need to arrange wins to survive? There are to many teams in the top guilds that shouldn't be be as high of a level that they are. So by the looks of it the game means more to you lot than us. Damage INC overrated. If you lot played the game normal then you'd only have a few top level players, FACT.