Match bonuses

15/12/15 14:04
If you think Japan beat the Boks because of a match bonus....

I'm not against a match bonus as such, just one that doubles a team's ability. That's just ridiculous, It should of course be possible for a Japan to beat a South Africa, a Wasps to beat a Toulon, but through good training and good strategies, not by buying it. The balance is all wrong - you can double a team's ability with cash, but only make 5 or 10 percent difference with strategy.

Also, if Wonderboy reckons he can only afford to use it occasionally, but I can use it every day, then it's very far from a level playing field.
15/12/15 18:23
Maybe you just much further in the game than me, so you make enough back in your games to soften the price it cost for match bonus. If using it on 50% I can use it for every game too i suppose, but wouldn't have much left for expensive upgrades.. Maybe when all or most of my buildings is built and upgraded using match bonus might be something I would consider spending money on, but for now there is many things i can do with that money rather than spending it on match bonus to win a game that no one is gonna know i won or lost a week from now, if there was a board showing teams results or standings that kept records of games won and points scored I would have made a bigger effort to use match bonus as it would then affect my position on the board.
Someone also said i must have many players to be paying so much for match bonus, but the price isn't worked out according to how many players you got but rather how much your most highest paid player's salary is.
15/12/15 18:43
Nick Roberts :

If you think Japan beat the Boks because of a match bonus....

I'm not against a match bonus as such, just one that doubles a team's ability. That's just ridiculous, It should of course be possible for a Japan to beat a South Africa, a Wasps to beat a Toulon, but through good training and good strategies, not by buying it. The balance is all wrong - you can double a team's ability with cash, but only make 5 or 10 percent difference with strategy.

Also, if Wonderboy reckons he can only afford to use it occasionally, but I can use it every day, then it's very far from a level playing field.

Well of course I don't believe that, what I do believe is that the boks had an off day and the japs had a good day, however on paper the boks win hands down, in fact I'd suggest the next time the two side meet the boks will win hands down... But this is a game, it's coded, I'm unaware if coding throws in variables like "better team wasn't up for it" or not, in which case the match bonus is a manner in which the top teams don't always win... Of course if you want it done through the game then there are not many other options, you train your team and I'll train mine, there are no training tactics to choose from, so no variation...

I might apply points to my team mates in different ways, but again, that is just the better player coming out on top, with no variables... Match bonus throws in something to mix things up... It is a purchased variable that doesn't always reap rewards and really, a way for junior members to not get wiped out all the time...
15/12/15 19:47
I'm assuming there's some sort of random element coded in to cover good day/bad day and stop it being just too boring - and that that is also what makes the bonus sometimes fail. I'm all for that.

Going back to the Japan win, though, the Boks had been on a truly dreadful run of form, so it was the best possible time to play them. And form would be a nice little feature to throw in (so long as the bonus is watered down).
04/01/16 11:20
Match bonuses defeat the whole purpose of this game about upgrading, buying better players and strategy in general. Weaker teams can just slap a HUGE match bonus on the game and win it easily....regardless of their skill or anything else. This is a really annoying feature. As it stands now I would rather lose most of my matches and get the cash to upgrade buildings and my stadium than winning and making a constant loss and being unable afford any upgrades as my ticket sales only goes in bonusses.....

Please fix this or rethink it....the feature is a nice to have but detracts from the totality of the game.