Improve Strategy

12/01/17 15:33
I think the general framework of strategy in the game should be improved. On the whole it needs more dynamics.

I'll begin with what I like about the current strategy system:

A) Advanced Strategies. The forward-three quarters is very impressive strategical adjustment and must be kept.
B) Ruck and Scrum aggressiveness. I enjoy how much of a impact this particular strategy has on matches.

Apart from the two positives, everything is okay. Even though I have reservations about certain strategies' equitable influence on matches relative to others. I will now saw what I dislike and hopefully can improve:

A) Rhythm. The disproportionate influence how much rhythm has on a team's dynamics on the pitch. Echoing an earlier post, can we set preplanned strategical adjustments based on time periods for league matches? Doing it inmatch is difficult and about '15 mins' past the moment I wish for it to be executed. Also it's static. What I mean by this is, can we plan high rhythmic strategies ourselves and save it on memory files on our computer folders or through a cookie policy? Like Rugby 08, can we press the left,right,up down buttons at certain points in the match which sends a message to players to execute certain pre planned moves? However, trying not to get too contradictory the dynamism of creative strategies must abide by the physics of Rugby. For instance designing a boomerang kick is out of the question to scramble opponent defence.

B) Also although defence in Rugby is a structural thing, but we should be able to have some dynamism such as target fly half or half our centres shoot up while wingers stay back. I know the independent player strategy allows us to do this with the backs but I'd like more specific targeting on enemy players such as my openside flanker to target the opponent fly half.

Also with attacking play. I mentioned the need to expand creative and pre planned moves but for individual players how about creating an additional element to each player such as x factor: eg. 11-14 Brandon - attack 77, defence 74, physical 75, mental 78, X factor: Evasion, Side Step and Good Under High ball. Incorporating a fifa player dynamism.

I'd like to run a aussie move of fly half taking it hard to the line, blindside winger and fullback quickly join the attacking play and fly half picks the correct player in space. And I'd like to tell my fly half to switch with openside flanker on defence and move into the rear to help the fullback with counter attack. Also how about a mid field play of telling my fly half to chip it behind opponent defence and my centres rush to collect it. Also on a much lower creative scale, how about telling my 8 and 9 to pick and go? Also how about a simply cross field kick?

Also how about form? For instance players can exceed their current player level if they are in good form or decrease significantly if really bad form?

How far away are we from using actual human being animations rather than dots? Also how about a TMO element into the game? Would be a laugh and get people mad!

Also a post-match commentary with the opponent team? A quick one liner message?

And I think the top four teams rather than three should go through. Every league has 14 teams. I think a relegation element needs to be introduced. It will spice things up and increase your cash flow.
12/01/17 17:57
Jzrshuejz :

I think the general framework of strategy in the game should be improved. On the whole it needs more dynamics.

I'll begin with what I like about the current strategy system:

A) Advanced Strategies. The forward-three quarters is very impressive strategical adjustment and must be kept.
B) Ruck and Scrum aggressiveness. I enjoy how much of a impact this particular strategy has on matches.

Apart from the two positives, everything is okay. Even though I have reservations about certain strategies' equitable influence on matches relative to others. I will now saw what I dislike and hopefully can improve:

A) Rhythm. The disproportionate influence how much rhythm has on a team's dynamics on the pitch. Echoing an earlier post, can we set preplanned strategical adjustments based on time periods for league matches? Doing it inmatch is difficult and about '15 mins' past the moment I wish for it to be executed. Also it's static. What I mean by this is, can we plan high rhythmic strategies ourselves and save it on memory files on our computer folders or through a cookie policy? Like Rugby 08, can we press the left,right,up down buttons at certain points in the match which sends a message to players to execute certain pre planned moves? However, trying not to get too contradictory the dynamism of creative strategies must abide by the physics of Rugby. For instance designing a boomerang kick is out of the question to scramble opponent defence.

B) Also although defence in Rugby is a structural thing, but we should be able to have some dynamism such as target fly half or half our centres shoot up while wingers stay back. I know the independent player strategy allows us to do this with the backs but I'd like more specific targeting on enemy players such as my openside flanker to target the opponent fly half.

Also with attacking play. I mentioned the need to expand creative and pre planned moves but for individual players how about creating an additional element to each player such as x factor: eg. 11-14 Brandon - attack 77, defence 74, physical 75, mental 78, X factor: Evasion, Side Step and Good Under High ball. Incorporating a fifa player dynamism.

I'd like to run a aussie move of fly half taking it hard to the line, blindside winger and fullback quickly join the attacking play and fly half picks the correct player in space. And I'd like to tell my fly half to switch with openside flanker on defence and move into the rear to help the fullback with counter attack. Also how about a mid field play of telling my fly half to chip it behind opponent defence and my centres rush to collect it. Also on a much lower creative scale, how about telling my 8 and 9 to pick and go? Also how about a simply cross field kick?

Also how about form? For instance players can exceed their current player level if they are in good form or decrease significantly if really bad form?

How far away are we from using actual human being animations rather than dots? Also how about a TMO element into the game? Would be a laugh and get people mad!

Also a post-match commentary with the opponent team? A quick one liner message?

And I think the top four teams rather than three should go through. Every league has 14 teams. I think a relegation element needs to be introduced. It will spice things up and increase your cash flow.

SO many good points here. In an ideal world perhaps but...............
12/01/17 22:08
The man from delmonte ?
Where is he when we need a yes.
12/01/17 23:39
How good are you at programming jzr? Great ideas but I think you'll have to create your own game to see them.
By the way, we already have relegation. Remaining in the same division puts you one tier further back from the top and hence a relegation in real terms.
13/01/17 00:23
Let's be honest we don't have relegation, we have stagnation. Currently what we have got is the bar moving one link further away from new players to the game every two weeks. If the developers had a sensible bone in their bodies they would stop this, have a top league and encourage new people into the game. Sadly though any new team is now 2 years from the top leagues plus and let's be honest that's probably the long term death of the top levels of this game...
13/01/17 03:08
Taff - International Lions :

The man from delmonte ?
Where is he when we need a yes.

Yes
13/01/17 10:42
El's Dynamos :

Let's be honest we don't have relegation, we have stagnation. Currently what we have got is the bar moving one link further away from new players to the game every two weeks. If the developers had a sensible bone in their bodies they would stop this, have a top league and encourage new people into the game. Sadly though any new team is now 2 years from the top leagues plus and let's be honest that's probably the long term death of the top levels of this game...

I couldn't agree more. I think having the top four teams go through rather than three whilst having the bottom team or bottom two teams go down a league. This is to the benefit of the excitement of the league and cash flow for Sublinet. Some will want to avoid the drop and spend money. However, this being said, it will push people who don't wanna spend out of the game and soon no one plays because the members will realise it's no longer a rugby competition but who has the biggest wallet.

This allows a return to strategy. Maybe I am wrong, but recently, it has occurred to me that strategy has less influence on the game than before. I slow painfully designed a strategy and was beating teams that were 15stars plus my team rating. Ever since the last updates to the game, I have been losing to teams who are only 1star above mine. I understand the economic interest at hand but I am tempted to then say, 'I had a good run, this game was fun, but frankly if people are going to just splash to the top, whats the fun in competing with that?, Especially as I don't stand a sufficient chance?' I don't mind having a below 50% chance but if my strategy is able to maximise the below 50% chance and exploit the enemy team's weakness, I should win. As of late, my backs are making breaks left, right and centre but then in the clear they drop the ball or kick it dead.. I'm like...da ****??

Besides I'm sure those who pay realise the excitement of the game is lost because it hits them after a while that even though they won the league, they can hardly feel as a winner. Although this criticism is for any game design that incurs a sizeable money element for success, not just Rugby Manager.

I had another thought... can we sell and buy players between guild members? Maybe trial this and see how it goes?

13/01/17 20:59
The easiest way for Sublinet to show that people already get relegated would be to change the numbering system with the top division at 1 and working down from there, adding a new division at the bottom each time. However that might be more demotivating so probably not in their interests.

It's an interesting point about how long it will take even the best new players to reach the top. The only way to prevent this gap getting wider and wider would be to stop raising the training limits at the top level. We'd then reach a position with a huge number of maxed out teams though and a bigger sense of stagnation at the top. Would also hit Sublinet's revenue model so I can't see that happening either.