Can't score tries???

10/06/20 03:01
Hi, I'm in my 2nd season and something weird is happening. 9 games into the season and I havnt scored a single try or won a single scrum or lineout. Won a couple of low scoring games on drop goals and penalties. Is this normal? My team has higher than average player rating. I've adjusted strategy and also returned to default settings, nothing makes much difference. Just wondering if this is normal. When I watch games I'm puzzled by my teams inability to win a single scrum or lineout. Any advice would be great, thanks
10/06/20 03:42
This sounds really bizarre from what I've just read...
Have you perhaps checked your player strats?

There are several factors as well, such as finance, as they determine your team's morale. Check to see if it's on 100%. Also depends on the amount of energy your players have.
10/06/20 05:11
Just checked morale, was 71% increased it to 90%. I'm very very careful about energy levels and usually go into games at 100% across the squad. 1st season I scored lots of tries and only lost 1 game. My average player rating is higher than my opponents. I'm not getting thrashed, typical score 10-3. Like I said I've done a lot of strategy tinkering but it seems to do little Otha in terms of winning set plays or getting the ball outwide. My outside backs are playing cards out there. This seasons gone but if I can't at least make improvements with what's left I'll just quit
10/06/20 05:22
OK I've been ignoring my individual player strategy, it didn't make much difference 1st season but now it obviously does, made alterations across the board on all players, hopefully that's the problem, I'll spend what's left of the season tinkering to get the blend right, thanks mate
10/06/20 05:30
All good mate Player strats are quite important. As you go higher in level you may have to keep creating/modifying strats in your team and players.

10/06/20 18:46
yes you can have the best advanced strat in the game but without the player strats to match you aint going anywhere
11/06/20 03:39
Good news, won most set plays last night and got over the line for a try, still can't get the ball past fly half but I've made alterations and I'll figure it out, thanks for the advice
11/06/20 10:09
Guest ETF6R3 :

Good news, won most set plays last night and got over the line for a try, still can't get the ball past fly half but I've made alterations and I'll figure it out, thanks for the advice

Try adjusting penetration, pass distance and pass speed
11/06/20 12:51
Hi

What guild are you in ??

If your looking to join a guild take a look at Village Idiots and play a leader as we are looking for active players and willing to help you develop your team..

Regards Middleton ( Leader )
11/06/20 14:01
Guest ETF6R3 :

Hi, I'm in my 2nd season and something weird is happening. 9 games into the season and I havnt scored a single try or won a single scrum or lineout. Won a couple of low scoring games on drop goals and penalties. Is this normal? My team has higher than average player rating. I've adjusted strategy and also returned to default settings, nothing makes much difference. Just wondering if this is normal. When I watch games I'm puzzled by my teams inability to win a single scrum or lineout. Any advice would be great, thanks

This sounds to me like you haven't set up your individual player settings and that you are relying too much on the default settings for the main strategy also. So, in answer to your question on scoring tries, set your forwards and 9 up with minimal penetration in the individual player settings and your backs and especially your 12 with much higher penetration. Make sure you put high attack speed on your backs as well. There are other settings to play around with but discover those for yourself as that is the main enjoyment of the game.

Regarding scrums and lineouts. First of all, you need to have the right training on your players - your forwards in particular. You need to assign training points to scrum strength and coordination and you need to assign them to lineout jump on your catcher (i.e. the person you throw to on the main strategy) and lineout strength on the two players either side of him - i.e. your lifters.

Regarding the main strategy, scrum aggression also has a big impact on winning or losing scrums.

I would advise you examine the main strategy carefully and totally ignore the defaults. Think about how you want to play and adjust the settings accordingly. So if you want to pass more, then lower penetration etc etc. More often than not you will want to play with high attack speed (on both players and main strategy) - although there are some exceptions.

The important thing is to experiment, then watch the games and see how different settings affect your game and adjust and adapt as you go. You can also create several different main strategies based on styles of play and, more importantly, what is working well for you.

For the rest, just find an active guild that are willing to be helpful and explain.

Lastly, if you can't get the ball past your 10, then look at the penetration setting on the 10 and the main strategy and lower it accordingly.