Locking of Threads

19/02/17 22:18
I dont want to drag things up from the past again, but i had a similar experience to Black Monks, and it was of a deeply hurtful nature. It wasnt removed nor the was any sanction taken. In a post over the past douple of days a player was called a cheat, and again this is still on display, whereas if I had written it it would have been removed, and I would be subject of a ban.

To conclude you guys have a difficult job, however, you need to be impartial, and not get involved in any offering of opinions. A moderators role is merely to keep order.
19/02/17 22:24
Which thread
19/02/17 22:35
The Man from Delmonte :

I dont want to drag things up from the past again, but i had a similar experience to Black Monks, and it was of a deeply hurtful nature. It wasnt removed nor the was any sanction taken. In a post over the past douple of days a player was called a cheat, and again this is still on display, whereas if I had written it it would have been removed, and I would be subject of a ban.

To conclude you guys have a difficult job, however, you need to be impartial, and not get involved in any offering of opinions. A moderators role is merely to keep order.

Rather than being called a cheat wasn't it actual evidence provided of what he had previously called cheating himself? (And I agree, let's play nice and not flare that one up again)
19/02/17 22:47
I agree with you Els, but peope are a bit confused at the uneven moderation.

Colstons, it the thread called cheat.
19/02/17 22:59
Btw Caernarfon your input would be appreciated on the game improvement thread in the ideas section...
19/02/17 22:59
I have read that thread hence why I locked it as discussions had reached a point that was going off topic and I think els is right re "cheat"
20/02/17 00:37
not one to take sides hence me posting my next comments here and not elsewhere:-

To add insult see here:- http://www.sublinet.com/en/forum/topic.php?server=39&id=17542

A fellow player was openly insulted by a fellow forum user and no action on the player being insulting and personal. Ask yourself why this is the case? Well the answer could be that the individual doing the insulting is in the same guild as one of the moderators, had this have been anyone else on the forum they would have been banned without a second thought. Not wanting to see anyone gain a ban as individuals should be able to control themselfs when it comes to public forums but there may be times when someone is reminded that this is a game and individuals need to remember that hiding behind a keyboard and throwing insults can be very disturbing to the reciving individual.

at the very least this post should be removed?

All we ask for is fairness and a unbiased stance when it comes to moderating our forum.
20/02/17 00:49
Colstons :

I have read that thread hence why I locked it as discussions had reached a point that was going off topic and I think els is right re "cheat"

Precisely this should be removed!!!!
20/02/17 00:57
Liverpool RFCXV :

not one to take sides hence me posting my next comments here and not elsewhere:-

To add insult see here:- http://www.sublinet.com/en/forum/topic.php?server=39&id=17542

A fellow player was openly insulted by a fellow forum user and no action on the player being insulting and personal. Ask yourself why this is the case? Well the answer could be that the individual doing the insulting is in the same guild as one of the moderators, had this have been anyone else on the forum they would have been banned without a second thought. Not wanting to see anyone gain a ban as individuals should be able to control themselfs when it comes to public forums but there may be times when someone is reminded that this is a game and individuals need to remember that hiding behind a keyboard and throwing insults can be very disturbing to the reciving individual.

at the very least this post should be removed?

All we ask for is fairness and a unbiased stance when it comes to moderating our forum.

Just an emphasis that this call is not coming from just me, not from just me and Webb Ellis, but from the whole forum. Mods, if you don't acknowledge this stuff the forums are done
20/02/17 09:05
The Man from Delmonte :

Colstons :

Precisely this should be removed!!!!

So what you want is actual formal cencorship of material you disapprove of or do not like as opposed to moderation of threads?