Match Fixing Part 3.

19/11/18 10:07
Golden cats ( legends in a tie ) vs Inbreds ( legends in a tie )

0-0 draw ( lose strats )

Weak
19/11/18 10:19
Check my league, a couple more today, not naming names but they are pathetic.
19/11/18 10:23
guest_1470257561147 :

Shepperton vs saruman

yes it's strange this change of pace of both

Moron
19/11/18 10:25
Don diego d la vega (le vestaire) 21 Jackita 0 (la cagnanaisse)
RC Toulan 21 (le Vestaire) Seb French Flair 0 (les 6 beires attack)

BAN THEM
19/11/18 11:56
We can not ban someone who is wrong in the rules of points and applies that of badminton, namely to win at 21 points.
19/11/18 11:58
Maybe if you want to play badminton you should go and do so. This isn't badminton. If these fixing teams were actually any good they wouldn't need to fix, but I feel that if they played fairly the top leagues would look a lot differently with honest teams being up there instead of having 6 or 7 fixers in each league.
19/11/18 12:38
I played loose, you can quote me today
It is true that some of your matches do not end in 0-0 or 21-0, but it feels really bad.
we do not hide
19/11/18 12:54
Gilou Jak :

I played loose, you can quote me today
It is true that some of your matches do not end in 0-0 or 21-0, but it feels really bad.
we do not hide

Only thing you crooked turds hide from is a real fight, Man up Le Cag
19/11/18 13:01
Non of my matches end in 0-0 or 0-21, it's not what we do. No matter who we play we play to win, first and foremost, winning is the objective.

It's just sad Jak that may quality teams feel the need to do this kind of thing at the top level. I do not wish to fall out with anyone, and I truly apologise for calling people out, but c'mon guys, does it really matter that much to you to stay in the top level that you need to fix the outcome? If you play fair your strats will be better because of it. You get regular competition where you can make improvements to many strat settings and find a decent one that will keep you competitive and probably stay in the top league anyway.

What does fixing an outcome of a game tell you about your strat anyway? That you can score or concede 3 unopposed tries, or that you can bash skulls for 80 minutes and no one scores a point? The only advantage is that you hope to simply survive at the top and pick up easy 5 points. It only takes around 30 points or so to survive at the top, so in a league of 7 fixers you only need a couple more wins then you're safe. What if you end up in a league where the honest players out number the fixers? Your probably gonna take a kicking as you won't have your friends to bail you out. If your strats are better you will naturally be a better team.

I do not profess to be one of the best in the game, not even close to the likes of Ystrad, DHSFP, VMax, Honey Badger, Rucking Broncos. Or fallen top players like Hull FC Sean, Ivorian, et al. These are, or were, all fantastic teams and really good for the game. I am not in their league and don't profess to be anywhere near close.

What I do have though is an honest game, I made it to the top league a couple of times without fixing any games. Broncos went undefeated last season, again without fixing any games, so it is possible to get there and stay there without fixing.

So Jak, if it makes you feel bad, why not stop and help to affect change within the game instead of adding to the problem??
19/11/18 14:56
Bluemooners :

Sotoneitor 20 - Ruddies 34. Damage Inc and Spuitpoep again. Literally NO shame. Trying to mask their match fixing now and go under the radar by ajusting scorelines. BAN THEM, only way to stop it.

Not that it makes a rat's ass of difference to anyone or anything, but for the record, Sotoneitor did not throw that game. I spoke to him. He was switching strats and changed to losing strat by mistake instead of the one next to it. It happens often - happened to me in a Guild Challenge once last season too.

Look fellas, I am on board with what you're fighting for here. One of our guys at Damage Inc. missed out on promotion last season because of match fixing in his league, and it also cost me a promotion at top level about 5 seasons ago when I was still active at top level with Phalanx. It sucks. It sucks that teams who deserve to go through don't, and teams who don't deserve to go through do. Case in point: Phalanx is revived but back at level 75 now. I beat a level 79 in the guild challenge recently (no MB ). Now how on earth did that level 79 manage promotion to top level??? Doesn't seem right.

Unfortunately though, there are some ugly realities in this game that we will never be able to get around. Guild mates will help each other in champs. Friends will manipulate and bump the price of players for sale in the auction house. Players will transfer RP to each other (which also helps their guild mates in the championship). Guilds block out guild challenges with friendlies (look where that got us). There are gentlemen's agreements all over the place where players don't overbid each other on auction house players and gear. There's more, some of it not exactly common knowledge, but you get the point.

The game is not always fair. There are some brilliant players in the game who have never been mentioned in any of your "Top 5 players" threads, because they've not taken their credit card out once but have to do battle against teams with 30 x 18 year visa bought players in their squad. Is that fair? I don't think it is, but its just the reality. Players who are some of the best tacticians this game will ever see, will never go down in any RM hall of fame or be remembered because they didn't throw money at the game.

Basically, then, we can either sit here and complain like a group of sour and grumpy old farts, or we can accept that match fixing and other ugly things in the game will not go away and decide to try and rise above it. As Sotoneitor said in our guild chat, the only way to beat the match fixers is to win your games.