Suggested game changes to create a more competitive game

18/02/16 15:07
Yeah see I don't agree, I believe the mb should only be removed once the negative game tactics are adjusted. I notice most of the big guns want it removed Why? Cause you get beaten by a team not as good as yours? Or do you want a more even competition? Hell if we want match bonus removed how bout the unfairness of the star boost from the strategy building be removed also?

I believe that the game needs a lot of changes to mark it fairer and more competitive. Let's start with squad sizes, they should be limited to say 45 players. Why? Cause the big guns have a monopoly on any good players In the auctions. That way everyone would be able to buy good players and would create a even playing field which is what we want right?

Then there is the issue about unlimited subs, I've used this tactic myself but I have always said it needs to reduced. That way there is more of a focus on good tactics and strategy. Let's say 7 max but if a player gets injured he can be replaced without the substitution being deducted from the 7 allowed.

Promotion relegation, 12 team championship would be better. 1-4 go up, 5-8 stay 9-12 go down. To many guys throwing seasons currently, I'm doing it myself at the moment due to squad rebuild which is because of fore mentioned monopoly by big guns on auction market. That again would create a more level playing field.

How about a bonus system worked in for scoring tries? Say a extra cash bonus? Maybe double what your match earnings are?

Now for guild ratings, crop of shit if you ask me, based on fan numbers is stupid doesn't reflect the how good a guild is at all by playing ability. Needs to be also reduced to 15-20 people per guild and rankings based on guild performances in challenges.

Finally guild challenges I do agree is not good constantly having draws. The change I believe is needed is all 20 games count towards the final total, that way it is a fairer reflection of a guilds performance which ties into the earlier mentioned guild ratings system.

Anyway maybe some more changes could be suggested but this is my opinion anyway. Now do the big guns like this or are they do precious to back this to make a fairer more competitive game?

18/02/16 17:03
I think the reason people want a match bonus removed is because they're mashing teams in friendlies and getting hammered in the match. And as a member of a 'big gun' guild it appears your speaking about a few in general rather than the top as a whole. In our guild out focus is active players more than anything else, which is all of our players have similar fan base. Not fair to tar all with the same brush because your not happy, as far as I'm concerned, we and other 'big gun' teams worked hard to get where we are today.
People do take this game far to seriously sometimes, we are just here for the jokes!
18/02/16 17:04
P.s I do agree changes could be made to make the game fairer all round
19/02/16 01:02
Thanks Mate, for replying. I get that people beat teams in friendly matches than get smashed in a competitive game, that isn't always because of my though, strat building bonus stars, ghost tactics or not the best players in starting team at time but overall mb is the cause.

The big guns have worked hard to get where they are today, but you don't throw stones when you live in a glass house, by that I mean taking away the mn before other changes are made will create a bigger monopoly for them, down in the bottom leagues people are quoting due to this, we just had a guild challenge where only 1 of the opposition challenged us, then checking all the teams in the guild only a couple had been actively playing.

How many players do you have in your squad Leicester? I've been part of a big time guild and I left yes it was due to some childish people and they ain't all the same I realise that so sorry if it came across that way.

In no way in black and white did I say I was unhappy, if I was I would say I'm not happy. So I came to a decision the developers won't change the game they are not listening to the game players and people have been insulting there nationality which is probably not helping lol I going to gevelop a new game and currently this game should be called the 6 nations as its being played like teams in the comp lol

Then why don't everyone brain storm together to make a fairer game instead of only crying out for a change that effects generally the big guns? That's my only gripe.
19/02/16 07:38
I like your ideas Matt particularly squad size. Some of the "big guns", as you put it, are bidding in excess.of 30,000 recruiter points for players and have squad sizes of up to 100 players and yes then complain about match bonus being unfair! How is anyone supposed to compete with that? I think a squad size of 30 is enough!

Guild Challenges need review but I think Guilds need to be better matched. My guild is in the top 30 but regularly is put up against a top 10 guild but never against say a 50th placed guild. So even the Guild challenges appear to favour the "big guns". I think top 10 play top 10, 11 - 20 play 11-20 etc.
19/02/16 07:53
That's a good idea about gvg challenges, I like it. I still think though 45 players to a squid though as then you can develop young players coming through a bit easier. I've noticed that a lot of the big guns are just buying up players to stop others buying them, maybe one of them could comment on that? If noticed that that they come to agreements with each other over not using subs and not paying match bonus against each other to make a fairer comp between each other but why can't they maybe make a agreement to limit squad size?
19/02/16 09:41
There is one team in particular I have noticed has spent nearly 100,000 recruiter points in the last 2 days! Not sure where they get that sort of points from unless they are stupid enough to pay real cash for it!

For me these extra large squads are killing the game not the match bonus!

The agreement to not sub players is only when they play amongst themselves but when they play the likes of me it's a very different story!
19/02/16 10:34
I see your point, yes I did notice that one of best players on this game splashed a lot in the auctions and has 100 players in his squad, and if he is paying for points that's fair enough to do so, only one from the big guns has commented it's a open discussion guys share your thoughts on what has been said? The French guild in the top 10 are notorious for mass subbing and paying mb for every game
19/02/16 10:58
Matt Grieve-Milne :

I see your point, yes I did notice that one of best players on this game splashed a lot in the auctions and has 100 players in his squad, and if he is paying for points that's fair enough to do so, only one from the big guns has commented it's a open discussion guys share your thoughts on what has been said? The French guild in the top 10 are notorious for mass subbing and paying mb for every game

If you're talking about cayden he has woerked his way up trading and buying young low quality players to sell in mid-high 20s aparently has 250k recruiter points
19/02/16 11:41
That's a fair few recruiter points, good on him I seriously mean that. He isn't the only one doing it though. There are players with larger squads than Cayden.

Anyone have opinions on squad limitations or subs or is the subject to taboo for the big guns to talk about?