Selling a player

So what happens when you sell a player? Do you get the fee the buyer pays (minus the 10 credits)? How long does the auction last for (ignoring extensions)?
Auction lasts 24 hours and you do get selling price -10 but if player doesn't sell it will just vanish also the euro tz is the best time to sell about 6-7 hours ago
ive tried to sell 3 players now and given up, 2 of them were 20 stars plus and i didnt get an offer. i was desperate to buy 20 star players in the first 2 levels or cant lower divisions buy these players?
Rik Mellors :

ive tried to sell 3 players now and given up, 2 of them were 20 stars plus and i didnt get an offer. i was desperate to buy 20 star players in the first 2 levels or cant lower divisions buy these players?

Lower devision players should be able to see up to 30-35 so i dont know why they wouldnt sell, i aim for younger players 18-22stars but also look at the recovery and training rates
It is stupid that if your player doesn't get an offer that you lose the player ! Come on live in the real world, if the player doesn't sell then that player should return to your team as in the real world, for you to lose a player and money is just stupid. Please change this asap, so teams can build as they would in real rugby ?
Iain Rees :

It is stupid that if your player doesn't get an offer that you lose the player ! Come on live in the real world, if the player doesn't sell then that player should return to your team as in the real world, for you to lose a player and money is just stupid. Please change this asap, so teams can build as they would in real rugby ?

I've asked more than once to be changed but never get a reply
In the "real world" any kind of transfer fees for players is rare in Rugby Union. They can also leave for nothign at the end of their contracts. If you want to build ass in real rugby then that would include contracts, individual wage rises, players deciding to leave you for nothing etc.
Ieuan Johns :

In the "real world" any kind of transfer fees for players is rare in Rugby Union. They can also leave for nothign at the end of their contracts. If you want to build ass in real rugby then that would include contracts, individual wage rises, players deciding to leave you for nothing etc.

Yeah agree, but at no point would you pay to put up a player for transfer, and then lose the player and money if he is not bought ! The player should return to the squad, or the money you put up for the transfer is repaid and you lose the player. Losing on both fronts is just not fair.
Iain Rees :

"Ieuan Johns" :

Yeah agree, but at no point would you pay to put up a player for transfer, and then lose the player and money if he is not bought ! The player should return to the squad, or the money you put up for the transfer is repaid and you lose the player. Losing on both fronts is just not fair.

You are not 'losing' though. That the player is on the transfer list means you do not require the player. And even if you get nothing for the player, you have still taken the player's wages off your bills.

In the 'real world'; if a player is no longer required but under contract and not wanted by anyone else, you have to pay off the player's contract to get rid of them. In that context, the game is doing you a favour...

And on top of this, if you think the player may not sell, you can release the player and save yourself ten auction points.
Tolgate 23/7 :

"Iain Rees" :

"Ieuan Johns" :

You are not 'losing' though. That the player is on the transfer list means you do not require the player. And even if you get nothing for the player, you have still taken the player's wages off your bills.

In the 'real world'; if a player is no longer required but under contract and not wanted by anyone else, you have to pay off the player's contract to get rid of them. In that context, the game is doing you a favour...

And on top of this, if you think the player may not sell, you can release the player and save yourself ten auction points.

Well you are losing - 10 recruiter coins, for a start