Rankings

Like I say we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I like the ranking system but feel it could be enhanced or made better. Evidently you disagree and feel it's fine the way it is.
There seems to be two very different opinions on the map games and ranking system and I'm not saying one is better than the other, but this goes to show that not everybody will be happy with the way some things go and there will be those opposed to it.

Me personally I'm just happy something was done to make the game a bit more interesting and have a way to see how good you are without MB
Coach qBaLL :

There seems to be two very different opinions on the map games and ranking system and I'm not saying one is better than the other, but this goes to show that not everybody will be happy with the way some things go and there will be those opposed to it.

Me personally I'm just happy something was done to make the game a bit more interesting and have a way to see how good you are without MB

The problem still remains though that home advantage is so weighted. It is still not a measure of how good 'you' are. No MB, home game, players tanked up and subs used wisely and the home team will take anybody providing the strats are ok.
Carshalton Colts :

Coach qBaLL :

The problem still remains though that home advantage is so weighted. It is still not a measure of how good 'you' are. No MB, home game, players tanked up and subs used wisely and the home team will take anybody providing the strats are ok.

I'm not in disagreement with the home advantage at all and it does need to get evened out a bit, that being said though, the ranking system itself is what I am happy with and the removal of MB in said system. It still gives an even playing field as your opponent will have the same home advantage applied if and when they challenge you.
Coach qBaLL :

Carshalton Colts :

Coach qBaLL :

I'm not in disagreement with the home advantage at all and it does need to get evened out a bit, that being said though, the ranking system itself is what I am happy with and the removal of MB in said system. It still gives an even playing field as your opponent will have the same home advantage applied if and when they challenge you.

True but it then just becomes tit for tat on the home advantage as opposed to a true level playing field between the two ( not to mention being online and subs etc )
Carshalton Colts :

Coach qBaLL :

Carshalton Colts :

Coach qBaLL :

True but it then just becomes tit for tat on the home advantage as opposed to a true level playing field between the two ( not to mention being online and subs etc )

Yes there's some things that need to change to make it truely level but I actually like that you can get "rewarded" for being online by being able to use subs.

The positive is there is some movement to keep interest going so hopefully the core complaints / queries will be addressed in the near future
Of course there should be a home advantage. Not a huge advantage like there is in friendlies and gvgs, but maybe the equivalent on one strategy building. There is definite home advantage in real life so why not on the game?
Carshalton Colts :

Coach qBaLL :

Carshalton Colts :

Coach qBaLL :

It's only tit for tat when with people of the same strat ability. If you notice there are the genuinely top teams that manage to stay at the top without losing fans and they fall in rankings without losing matches because people know not to play them when easier chum is available. Also, there is the reward for more active players due to the ability to be played at any time and if you are online you can modify strat and do subs and win plenty of defenses. Also, there are some players with quite effective defense strats. The beauty of the game is that the cream has a chance to prove they are cream. And I would suggest after watching the rankings as much as I have that there are 20 folks who have separated themselves from the rest with only another 20 who have the ability to do it. And if you want to prove me wrong it is extremely easy to do, just get slippery to the top and I will make it 21 that have the ability to be there.