What's worse: buying player or using mb

11/12/16 20:18
So you can buy an entire team for about £500 to £600 (crazy I know) or you could build up your own team not spend a penny and use MB. Personally I've done a bit of both but only when the players are £14.99 and only 4 in total. Either way people are paying to win rather than use any type of skill. But which is worse? Clearly one is ridiculously expensive and the other very cheap. For me the best players are those that don't use mb and don't buy players, but I guess they don't win much. I guess my point is, if you do either just except it's part of the game and don't moan about it, and if you buy an entire team then you've wasted your money. You might as well just use full mb all the time and win without spending a penny.
But if I come across anyone in a gvg that's bought their entire team, you are getting the full mb treatment, because you are an idiot and idiots need to be slapped down.

11/12/16 21:40
So what I read is an attempt to make yourself feel less guilty for purchasing player or less guilty for using mb? The game is free because of those guys that purchase their team. With a few exceptions, particularly up too, i have found the guys with a full team of purchased players to be a bit lazy in strat and easy to be beat. And as far as the mb thing, it's a dead horse yet we keep beating it. Seems like once you get to the top league or one below the top league mb is being used by the vast majority and it seems to me you can be like me and slam your head into the same wall over and over or just realize using max mb on a guy that uses max mb makes the field level and just causes both teams to use the cash, but that may be what happens, and then you know who has better strat as well
11/12/16 23:01
Not guilty at all, just find it odd that people who buy their team then have a melt down over mb. I can see how its slightly unfair in a gvg as only one side can use it but I guess there is always the return match. But if you have bought your team rather than built it up, then why wouldn't someone who is playing you use mb? I cannot afford to buy a team and even if I could I would not waste £600 on a game. Surely buying your team is just as unethical as using mb as it creates an uneven playing field?
11/12/16 23:05
I've been forced to use mb in leagues to offset what others are using. Generally I don't use it on home games as I have a (what I deem to believe is)very good home Strat I would like to see mb gone in league to start with at least
11/12/16 23:12
Oh and as for bought players....if you buy them max them out and still losing to lower rated teams do ya feel short changed? Cause I know I would
12/12/16 11:02
I think someone with an average 140 team will beat a fully maxed 195 team if you use full mb. It at least makes it even.
12/12/16 13:51
But also remember that not all players who have good teams have bought them? I've been playing for a year and have spent £3.99 & £14.99 since I started. I have been lucky enough to have players and rps given to me plus earn a shed load of rp's in the transfer market (of which I gave you 120k Paul Tulip ).
With regards to your final comment about a 140* team will beat a maxed 195* team, it all depends on whether the 140* rated team has allocated the points in the right places! A team can be rated 140* but be maxed in all the right places, therefore a team that uses full mb will always beat a maxed rated team.
12/12/16 13:51
12/12/16 17:24
Mike - Fishguard & Goodwick Seagulls :

But also remember that not all players who have good teams have bought them? I've been playing for a year and have spent £3.99 & £14.99 since I started. I have been lucky enough to have players and rps given to me plus earn a shed load of rp's in the transfer market (of which I gave you 120k Paul Tulip ).
With regards to your final comment about a 140* team will beat a maxed 195* team, it all depends on whether the 140* rated team has allocated the points in the right places! A team can be rated 140* but be maxed in all the right places, therefore a team that uses full mb will always beat a maxed rated team.

And if points are in the right places and strats are superior then no mb is needed. Scrum and lineout stats don't help my backs one bit.
12/12/16 22:53
Fish you are one of the better players for sure, to get a team as good as yours without spending much is impressive. But doesn't it really annoy when a bought team comes along and kicks your arse?