Kicks from inside the 22.

31/05/19 23:42
The rule book states that any kick going into touch on the full from inside your 22 DOES NOT result in the line out taking place at the point of the kick. If only it was the same on RM, but alas it isn't. I've lost count of the amount of times it's lead to my opponent putting points on the board. Why this hasn't been addressed in previous updates is beyond me. Is it because nobody is able to fix it, or is it because nobody gives a toss ?
I know it'll fall on deaf ears, but would it not be best to fix ongoing issues, before we get landed with another patch note that frustrates us even more.
01/06/19 00:03
is this because for some reason nitro run on french game rules?
im not wise on union rules
01/06/19 00:43
Under Union LAWS, a kick from inside your 22 going out on the full will result in a lineout at the point where the ball crosses the line of touch. UNLESS you carry the ball back into your 22 yourself, in which case the lineout takes place in line with where you kicked.

Alas, in RM, the game engine works on the point where you get the ball and when you get the ball in your 22 and move forward to kick from outside your 22 it ignores where you kicked from in favour of where your player got the ball.

Work that out SN.

I was once a Union referee
01/06/19 01:02
Guest 4BK15N :

is this because for some reason nitro run on french game rules?
im not wise on union rules

I fear nitro have written their own rule book,as a lot that goes on here during matches, does not represent what happens on a Rugby pitch. too much time is spent TW@ting about with the game engine, and not enough spent on improving a dying game.
01/06/19 05:48
This is 100% exactly what's happened.
They have perfectly coded "qol" updates such as,
Auction house revamp 《new search parameters to include age, training speed, health recovery ect. 》
Sports shop, a simple fix allowing you not to see gear you've already purchased in the auction,
Grid system kick off, this allowing you to pick a coordination on the pitch to kick off to, but also allowing you to change your formation on receiving a kick off to.
World cup tournament update.
New search button for guild challenges.
This allowing you to search for either a 10 v 10 gvg or 15 v 15, 20 v 20 or 25 v 25.
New guild walls with increased space and text format.
Emoji use in game chat.
Guild recruitment change. 《A designed page in game where allowing you to pay 500k per day to advertise your guild and a short statement about your guild recruitment》
The ability for your own guild members to see your individual player settings. 《After being in the guild for 36 hours》
Change in time from entering a new guild to be able to take part in a gvg. From 48 down to 36.

All these changes have been made and are simply ready to go live in rugby manager with a click of a button. So why havnt they!

01/06/19 07:36
Oh god, can you imagine how many other issues that would create if they tried to put all of that in place on one patch. All that does though, is prove my point regarding ongoing issues. Why try to write updates for a game, without fixing the in game problems first. Also, I wish they would stop f#*king about with the game engine, as I'm getting pissed off trying to sort my strats out when they do.
01/06/19 08:00
Sukitansee - the Sultan Assassin :

Under Union LAWS, a kick from inside your 22 going out on the full will result in a lineout at the point where the ball crosses the line of touch. UNLESS you carry the ball back into your 22 yourself, in which case the lineout takes place in line with where you kicked.

Alas, in RM, the game engine works on the point where you get the ball and when you get the ball in your 22 and move forward to kick from outside your 22 it ignores where you kicked from in favour of where your player got the ball.

Work that out SN.

I was once a Union referee

I've kicked out on the full from inside my 22, and the line out was awarded 5 yds from the try line. Anyone writing a sports sim, should at least know the rules of the game. That way, you cut down on the complaints, and the 'Dev' wouldn't have to tell me that I know nothing, when it's quite obviously the other way round.
01/06/19 09:18
Adrian Woods :

Oh god, can you imagine how many other issues that would create if they tried to put all of that in place on one patch. All that does though, is prove my point regarding ongoing issues. Why try to write updates for a game, without fixing the in game problems first. Also, I wish they would stop f#*king about with the game engine, as I'm getting pissed off trying to sort my strats out when they do.

That's why the list is called "qol" updates rather engine updates...
02/06/19 17:24
Melbourne Storm :

Adrian Woods :

That's why the list is called "qol" updates rather engine updates...

As interesting as the pending 'qol' updates may be, all I want is an answer to a very simple question...….Do the 'devs' intend to sort out the kick issue, or not.....Instead of trying to blind me with science, I just wish some bastard would give me a straight answer.
06/06/19 18:02
Oh well, it's now 4 days since my last post asking for an answer to a pretty easy question, and as expected, I haven't received one. I find it quite pathetic that they jump on you for, god forbid, using a 'swear word', but ask them a question, and they all run off and hide. This just proves what I have said all along....THEY DON'T GIVE A TOSS ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE SUPPORTED THIS GAME.