Match bonuses

07/12/15 05:35
I think it would be a much improved game without Match Bonus.
09/12/15 21:02
it would be a better game without match bonuses in my opinion
10/12/15 01:31
Surely it mixes it up some to have match bonuses?

On paper the All Blacks should beat any team that faces them (or should have before retirements), however even they had their off days, match bonuses are a way of introducing a variable into an otherwise obvious outcome of a match...

10/12/15 06:42
I think match bonus is a nice function, puts some unpredictability in the game. Its not like its a free function so using it to win a game wont bring you any cash or anything except a win. To use this function and see a notable difference in your team's performance you have to use at least 50% match bonus. To put my team on 50% is around $1.3million, the most I get paid for matches is $590k and for practice matches $100k, so if I use match bonus to win a match instead of winning $590k I will pay almost a million over my match winnings to use match bonus. So I will use match bonus only in really important matches like say i'm in last round of a tournament, if the other team looks much stronger than mine i will use match bonus to make sure I win tournament and the balls. So its not really possible to use it every match so chances to abuse it isn't there, at the end the point is just, how much are you willing to pay to win important matches..
12/12/15 10:29
The match bonus is way overpowered and completely unrealistic. No way can you get players to play twice as well with a bonus in real life; I believe if the bonus were restricted to, say, about a 15% improvement it would make the game much more realistic, and much better.
13/12/15 21:29
You guys moan like match bonus is something that can be used all the time.. Its impossible to use it every game or even every few games, the price you pay to get 50% or even 25% is insanely more than you win at any match, in fact to use match bonus at 50% just about takes all the money your team is able to make in a day from all matches and the goody & snack shops..So if you use match bonus every day for 1 match you will have no money left for upgrading buildings or anything meaning you will basically stay static while even the teams you beat with match bonus advance further and further from you.Then also match bonus don't necessarily make you invincible, I have lost games where my opponent was about the same *rating as my team, even though I had match bonus set to 25%. Its every players choice how much a win means to them, how much they will pay to improve their chances of wining. If match bonus bother you that much the only way to counter it is to use it yourself, but then you will realize its not at all feasible to use it as often as you assume people use it.
14/12/15 00:56
I use it quite a lot... And make a lot of money each day for upgrades...
14/12/15 08:18
Ej Wonderboy :

You guys moan like match bonus is something that can be used all the time.. Its impossible to use it every game or even every few games, the price you pay to get 50% or even 25% is insanely more than you win at any match, in fact to use match bonus at 50% just about takes all the money your team is able to make in a day from all matches and the goody & snack shops..So if you use match bonus every day for 1 match you will have no money left for upgrading buildings or anything meaning you will basically stay static while even the teams you beat with match bonus advance further and further from you.Then also match bonus don't necessarily make you invincible, I have lost games where my opponent was about the same *rating as my team, even though I had match bonus set to 25%. Its every players choice how much a win means to them, how much they will pay to improve their chances of wining. If match bonus bother you that much the only way to counter it is to use it yourself, but then you will realize its not at all feasible to use it as often as you assume people use it.

I make in game $ hand over fist from snacks,goodies,championship games and guild challenges (gave up on tournaments a while ago due to to many injuries).
We appoint opponents in the guild challenges, and only if I lose my 1st match to my opponent will I use boost to re play my opponent, and crank it right up to %100 regardless of cost.
15/12/15 12:41
Ej Wonderboy :

You must have a hell of a lot of players in your squad if your wage bill is so high you can't use it once a day at least at 50%, or else you've not got a lot coming in. I don't use it that much, but I could easily. In fact I could comfortably run it at 100% for all my league games - as at now, it would cost me 2,189,550 and I get around 900k for playing a competitive match from ticket sales, so dead easy to make up the shortfall if playing a league game and a tournament game - income from snack and goodie shops is way more than that, never mind training game income.

So yes, it's childishly simple to use it for every league game, and yes, it distorts the game absurdly.
15/12/15 13:20
Nick Roberts :

"Ej Wonderboy" :

You must have a hell of a lot of players in your squad if your wage bill is so high you can't use it once a day at least at 50%, or else you've not got a lot coming in. I don't use it that much, but I could easily. In fact I could comfortably run it at 100% for all my league games - as at now, it would cost me 2,189,550 and I get around 900k for playing a competitive match from ticket sales, so dead easy to make up the shortfall if playing a league game and a tournament game - income from snack and goodie shops is way more than that, never mind training game income.

So yes, it's childishly simple to use it for every league game, and yes, it distorts the game absurdly.

But still does not guarantee the win... However it saved me a hammering by having it also...

It's not really a big deal, everyone gets it, so it's a level playing field... Rather than the top ALWAYS being the top, the bonus can bring about wins like Japan v boks in the rwc...

You've got the same bonus at your finger tips, if you're not confident in your teams ability then use it more often...