Question regarding the elite of the elite

27/11/16 11:01
Again it's a non criticism from me, and god I'm not gonna fall out with someone because their opinion or standpoint on a subject is different to mine bud! I literally see it as a PED for the game, that's all, so saying people not on it is simply a term rather than saying non MB users. Nothing derogatory stated or intended for it, genuinely just a term I use to differentiate between two opinions on how to play

Given the choice I think most would rid the game of MB and either put something else to level up uneven matchups or go fully tactically au natural. This isn't happening any time soon, this isn't the debate here either. I NEED to know the players who win MB free for this as it will be friendlies, therefore no MB in play. So if a player can still be regarded as one of the best even without it's creamy goodness then that's who I want to be testing myself against
27/11/16 12:37
Well it's easy enough to browse around the top divisions and play the best placed teams. As I said before, most of these have fully or mostly maxed out players. So whether or not they use MB, you will find them very tough to beat with your current squad. But if you want to rise to the highest echelon without splashing real cash, you'll need to find a way to do so. Good luck.
27/11/16 13:51
Whatever User Name I Try It Already Exists :

Owners who don't use MB are taking advantage of a loophole in the game because players paid under the market rate don't have freedom of contract and can't demand a transfer to another club. These owners underplay their players in order to make huge profits so they can unfairly advance their buildings faster than everyone else.

Now I don't believe any of that but you see it is possible to produce a diametrically opposed narrative to yours. The real point is that this is a game, not the real thing and people are entitled to play it as they wish without being told they're not playing clean. You don't have the moral high ground because you choose to play in a particular way.

And incidentally, there are lots of things about the game that are not particularly realistic. Heal kits, guilds, stadium sizes and the number of games that players are subjected to for instance. That's because it is only a game rather than a simulation.

Okay, rant over. I really like you guys and hope we stay friends. Croxton, well done, you've leapfrogged me now, which I knew was coming! BM, perhaps we'll meet next season.

I get the point you are attempting to make in the first paragraph and I'm sure you see a couple of logical flaws. As far as heal kits, i see that as having a physio or lots of physios. Ask any Tongan and they will let you know they can't heal as quickly in the world cup because of the disadvantage they have of not having an army of physios like the top 10 sides.

Stadium size, have you not read any of the articles about the back and forth between the ABs and England over revenue sharing requests the ABs are making and England's refusal since they paid for the infrastructure?

And the player limit is more like a club signing prospects hoping they improve and can be transferred for a profit, which i haven't seen much in rugby but assume it happens everywhere in soccer as it even happens in america. Just realized you were saying number of games not players, remember that a season is 15 days but represents a year.

Overall, i get people not thinking clean is the best word but in the framework of trying to view things in relation to the real game it is the best term, and dirty doesnt mean cheating. And none of this is to say I'm right and you're wrong. Just explainimg the framework i view he game in.

And as far as this causing a rift, lmao, no worries there.
27/11/16 14:41
You could view MB as an approximate way to replicate the need for club sides, in an over-loaded season, to rotate their squad and design their training to peak for particular games. Goes to show that If we're comfortable with a feature in the game, we will find some way to relate it to the real world. If we dislike a feature, we'll say it lacks any realism.

I like MB for the very reason many people dislike it. It makes the results less predictable and therefore the fixtures more exciting. Using it effectively is a skill because if you max out on MB every game, your finances will be screwed, your buildings won't advance and your short-termism will soon catch up on you. So you need to deploy it in the right amount and at the right time. It's cat and mouse and if you set your mind against ever using MB, you're missing out on a big part of the fun

Don't suppose I've changed anyone's mind but I hope I've shown this isn't a one-sided argument.

27/11/16 14:51
Oh and my point about number of games is that friendlies, training matches and knockout tournaments all layered on top of league games makes it unrealistic however you look at it. Players could never play that many competitive games in a season. But no-one complains about realism there because we all obviously like it that way. Likewise with guilds or swapping heal kits which is something even my fertile imagination can't relate to anything real!
27/11/16 22:53
I complete agree teams perform different depending on goals and you can look back and see I have suggested a season cap on mb of say 75% for the entire season, then it really is a cat and mouse game. Look at the current top level of 190* and equate them to the ABs or your favorite national side. With mb a team from 6 divisions down can be better than the ABs, which can never happen. And teams strategically rest because it is physically impossible to play every game at a high level. So a cap on mb keeps it from being a sliding contest, but also adds the variability of allowing the worst team in the division to beat the best team in the division, but would make it tough for a 25 to knock off a 30 without ruining the rest of their season. And my cap idea would be for all matches (tourney, gvg, ship, challenges). This solves not only the slider wars but also solves the fan problem to a degree because the best teams actually would have the most fans. But regardless, I'm beating a horse that hasn't taken a breath for a good long time.
01/12/16 22:16
Going back to the original post, who are the toughest teams to challenge? I'm not getting any tough games anymore. I have moaned about home advantage in a previous post, but who knows any really tricky teams out there?? Rhinos was mentioned but beat him 42-0.
01/12/16 22:32
Whats your game name and guild Ashley?
02/12/16 00:42
Rucking Broncos (Bad Mother Ruckers)
02/12/16 00:51
Cool, got you on my schedule now, will give you a crack when both of us are at full energy.

I'm no way near the elite class but a challenge is always good