List of GvG MB users

27/10/16 10:33
The problem arises when someone has a lucky game in GVG and the disgruntled opponent plays several friendlies to 'prove' it must have been down to MB ... except it isn't really proof because the original win could just have been an outlier. Better just to shrug your shoulders and move on in my view.
27/10/16 10:41
This is why I said multiple counts too. This isn't a bitching thread and won't be, we come up against MB all the time but if we knew in advance we'd know to do certain things and put certain strategies in place. We figured it out early on with our last match and still couldn't stop the draw but we're not bothered. It's 49 undefeated with just 3 draws and 46 wins, MB just makes us motivated to make the other teams lose their money for nothing

Like I said from the OP this is about knowing in advance to put strategies in place, nothing more
27/10/16 13:27
I agree that we need to take into account variability in friendlies. While I was asleep last night my championship opponent did a friendly on me and I won 10-0. I was asleep and never use mb and remained asleep for the championship match which i won, still no mb, 34-3. If i were in their shoes I would suspect mb. But me being in my account and knowing the bar hasnt been touched, i know. Does the team who initiates a friendly get an advantage in the match?
27/10/16 13:40
As I suggested guys, all the anomalies starting to show. Shall I throw another one in? The alleged non existant home advantage?
27/10/16 14:29
There does seem to be something to home advantage. I was away on the friendly and home for champ. But I suspect lots of other variables that are not consistent as well
27/10/16 14:54
Intercepts are a common occurence on away games and I suspect this has something to do with the depth / offside line not being the same
30/10/16 14:54
Croxton :

I totally agree bud, I have never once complained about MB and am not doing so now. Our guild has tactics set up to combat people using MB but you have to be online to use them effectively (of course this doesn't always work)

No finger pointing, in fact quite the opposite. Figured this was a better way than starting the endless threads I've seen about MB use in GvG and there has to be real proof of it. For example I defended twice comfortably, then won the return fixtures by 30+ points and won friendlies by the same margin. That definitely points to MB, which is fine as we will get a draw and it's a couple of hundred recruiter points which is nothing. I have zero issue combating MB, of course I'd rather not have to, but there are tactics you can develop to minimise the effect as long as you're online. That's the point of this

If it comes across as finger pointing, feel free to delete the thread as this is not the intention here. Will be no hard feelings my end, but to our guild it makes sense about the planning part. If we're the anomaly then please remove it, I'm nothing if not ALWAYS gracious (even when really annoyed with a result) so don't want this interpreted as anything but a planning tool for guilds

But you are complaining about Match Bonus otherwise why would you write this post, so you are having a whinge, complaint, whatever you want to call it... Why do you not moan about substitutes? That's unfair as if you are challenged when you were not online you can not make subs, that is unfair, what about spending real money, players purchased using real money should not be used in guild challenge as that is not fair...Maybe next time we play against each other we could sort out a time that is for your convenience so you can try your brilliant tactics against MB which you were quick to play the return friendly while supposedly not being online....Also why do you guys put your losing tactics on quite a bit after playing a guild challenge, do you indeed have something to hide....

Part of the game is having MB in a guild challenge, weaker alliances should be aloud to use it without been having a witch hunt against them....AS IT IS PART OF THE GAME, live with it or leave....How many of the supposed MB free guilds really do not use any MB in guild challenges? Without us knowing after the game, no one really knows the answer. I think you may be surprised how much guys in your guild use it...

The match bonus argument is getting really really tiring now, maybe we should have one post for Match Bonus complaints and you guys can whinge all day long without us having to read about it.
30/10/16 14:55
Also I believe there is home team advantage which some agree and some do not....
30/10/16 21:27
mcgiffen :

Croxton :

I totally agree bud, I have never once complained about MB and am not doing so now. Our guild has tactics set up to combat people using MB but you have to be online to use them effectively (of course this doesn't always work)

No finger pointing, in fact quite the opposite. Figured this was a better way than starting the endless threads I've seen about MB use in GvG and there has to be real proof of it. For example I defended twice comfortably, then won the return fixtures by 30+ points and won friendlies by the same margin. That definitely points to MB, which is fine as we will get a draw and it's a couple of hundred recruiter points which is nothing. I have zero issue combating MB, of course I'd rather not have to, but there are tactics you can develop to minimise the effect as long as you're online. That's the point of this

If it comes across as finger pointing, feel free to delete the thread as this is not the intention here. Will be no hard feelings my end, but to our guild it makes sense about the planning part. If we're the anomaly then please remove it, I'm nothing if not ALWAYS gracious (even when really annoyed with a result) so don't want this interpreted as anything but a planning tool for guilds

But you are complaining about Match Bonus otherwise why would you write this post, so you are having a whinge, complaint, whatever you want to call it... Why do you not moan about substitutes? That's unfair as if you are challenged when you were not online you can not make subs, that is unfair, what about spending real money, players purchased using real money should not be used in guild challenge as that is not fair...Maybe next time we play against each other we could sort out a time that is for your convenience so you can try your brilliant tactics against MB which you were quick to play the return friendly while supposedly not being online....Also why do you guys put your losing tactics on quite a bit after playing a guild challenge, do you indeed have something to hide....

Part of the game is having MB in a guild challenge, weaker alliances should be aloud to use it without been having a witch hunt against them....AS IT IS PART OF THE GAME, live with it or leave....How many of the supposed MB free guilds really do not use any MB in guild challenges? Without us knowing after the game, no one really knows the answer. I think you may be surprised how much guys in your guild use it...

The match bonus argument is getting really really tiring now, maybe we should have one post for Match Bonus complaints and you guys can whinge all day long without us having to read about it.

Mb is horrible and to argue for it and request an even somewhat realistic game is tough. Needing to be online for substituted is a good thing because it encourages people to be online more, the more people are online the more popular the game is and the more popular the game is the more likely improvements will be made (and I'm asleep during my championship matches so auto subs would personally benefit me). People spending real money makes this game free for me so no complaints there, and real money makes real teams better, ask toulon and racing. And when do we put on losing tactics? When we are trying to lose, thats when....we don't switch after the match we switch during the match so you think we aren't as good as we are, we sandbag. Mb free we sandbag. Let that sink in. And I find this change of heart regarding mb ironic since you implied not long ago mb is killing the game. Oh well
30/10/16 21:35
Yeah Carshalton we have off topic complaints, people assuming the wrong idea about the thread and whinging people and sore losers. Just remove the thread, it was nice in theory but I guess we'll just keep our own list in private instead

Ah well

Oh and McGiffen... For the record, I only ever put on my losing strategy when I'm either being scouted for a match, or when I'm busy and don't want a load of matches (today while I'm trying to sell for example). But while I'm at it I noticed something... Your dummy is over there in the corner, it seems to have fallen