An alternative to Match Bonus

20/05/16 12:14
The public outcry against match bonus is noticeable. Whilst I am not against using match bonus in principle (in some cases it is useful) I do understand that a lot of people may feel it is unnecessary. On the other hand, for most of us it is the only way to maybe remotely stand a chance against vastly superior teams.

Instead of just demanding it's removal it would be useful to see some alternative suggestions and I will raise one here:

How about creating scope in the finance house to select players individually who will receive a bonus (say 50% boost) but their salaries will be doubled (or quadrupled or whatever)? In that way if you wish your whole team to receive a boost you will have to pay an awful lot more in salaries or have the ability to reduce it by only applying the boost to a handful of players.
21/05/16 17:22
i reckon that if you want to give mb you set the amount but your players only get it if they win; because at the moment you say what you want to give them and its taken of you as the game start so the player's get even they lose
22/05/16 22:48
I think the problem might not be MB but instead the fact that all rankings are based on Nr of Fans instead of a balanced System. Now teams are forced to use MB as they are faced with teams outside of their ability. If a good Rating System is brought in for Guild Challenges then teams would not need to use MB to try and get a draw, etc.

So what I suggest is:
1. Remove MB from Championships, as there you really need to have a fair playing field. Let strategies, etc decide the winner not the person with the biggest bank balance.
2. Leave MB for tournaments, as here you are playing for Gold Balls, spend some cash to secure them.
3. Guild Challenges, remove MB here and lets get Guilds to use their heads to find counters for teams and make Guild Challenges exactly that a Guild "Challenge".
4. Add a rating system for Guild Challenges, so all Guilds start at lets say 1000 points. Winning a GC gives you 10 points and losing gives -10. Drawing leaves your rating as is.
Then Seasons can be grouped in either 3 months or lets say 10 Seasons, after that all ratings are reset to 1000 and the top 10 guilds gets rewards, like Gold Balls, etc.

That way teams will have to focus on "Playing Rugby and Managing their team, and not just on having enough cash to Blast your opponent with MB".