Fans

19/09/16 14:30
There is an issue at the moment with the amount of fans gained and lost. I see Sublinet is determined to make it more difficult to gain fans. The trouble is It's ruining the gvg and tournaments. In tournaments the penalty for losing fans far outway's the benefits for participating. Also in gvg People are not playing matches that are 50/50 anymore. They would rather loose the gvg than participate.
My suggestion is to put a premium on these events. You gain 1000 fans ( or at least 500) for a win and only lose 500 for a loss. Then it becomes worthwhile participating.
What do people think?
19/09/16 15:28
Agree. Gaining a few hundred recruiter points doesn't justify risking the cans against a strong guild opponent. The rewards need to be adjusted.
19/09/16 15:43
Or maybe you win more fans if MB free ?
19/09/16 16:47
Taff - International Lions :

That would only benefit the strongest teams and guilds. The idea is to encourage weaker opponents to 'have a go'. I feel I can say this as my guild is one of the strongest out there. I can't remember the last time we lost. Usually without MB.
It's disappointing when opposition guilds just give up.
19/09/16 20:58
Michael Dixie :

Taff - International Lions :

That would only benefit the strongest teams and guilds. The idea is to encourage weaker opponents to 'have a go'. I feel I can say this as my guild is one of the strongest out there. I can't remember the last time we lost. Usually without MB.
It's disappointing when opposition guilds just give up.

Comprehend what your saying, but fans is how the devs are trying to rank, so surely it's advantageous that the stronger teams are at the top ?
Not saying mb use shouldn't earn fans, but
28/09/16 16:06
Why not change the ranking to number of guild wins instead. That might encourage people to play.
28/09/16 17:04
CoriniumPirates :

Why not change the ranking to number of guild wins instead. That might encourage people to play.

That would put newly formed guilds at a huge disadvantage, no matter how good they are. That also voids any individual ranking system, which is flawed at this stage, but players still aim to get in the top 100.
28/09/16 23:51
Michael Dixie :

There is an issue at the moment with the amount of fans gained and lost. I see Sublinet is determined to make it more difficult to gain fans. The trouble is It's ruining the gvg and tournaments. In tournaments the penalty for losing fans far outway's the benefits for participating. Also in gvg People are not playing matches that are 50/50 anymore. They would rather loose the gvg than participate.
My suggestion is to put a premium on these events. You gain 1000 fans ( or at least 500) for a win and only lose 500 for a loss. Then it becomes worthwhile participating.
What do people think?

I can't understand the mentality of anyone chickening out of a guild challenge in case they lose fans. Rugby is a team game. Why should anyone give a hoot where they are in the individual league table of fans? It's only for a transitory moment anyhow.
29/09/16 17:07
Upping the recruiter coins earned from wars is a great idea. Makes up for millions spent on mb trying to keep up with the stronger guilds in war and solves the issue of always being too poor to buy decent players at the auction house. Otherwise guys the fans gain thing is really not worth it if u consider wat it means to rake in the money and watever for not trying to gain fans. Let them butcher their wars if they want to. Different players have different goals and should align themselves with guild who all as liked mind as they are and strive for similar feats.
03/10/16 18:50
Whatever User Name I Try It Already Exists :

Michael Dixie :

What do people think?

I can't understand the mentality of anyone chickening out of a guild challenge in case they lose fans. Rugby is a team game. Why should anyone give a hoot where they are in the individual league table of fans? It's only for a transitory moment anyhow.

Me either. But evidently there are some guilds where no. Of fans is more important than winning a gvg. IMO basing rankings on fans is the biggest flaw in what is otherwise an excellent game. But whilst that remains the benchmark people will focus on that rather than anything else. A much better way of ranking would be based on GvG wins.