Foul Scrum Glitch

02/05/17 11:27
I have had a few games where near the end of the game a scrum continually goes int o foul scrum for as many as 7/8 times in a row.

Today I played a player higher rated than me at in the last couple of minutes it went foul scrum and I stopped counting after 25 one after the other, The ball eventually came out but we played for 179+ secs. Anyone else seeing this ?
02/05/17 14:31
Yep
03/05/17 12:04
Yes, it does happen. And it's not entirely unrealistic - the France v Wales 6 Nations match this year went to 100 minutes in real life for this very reason.

I would love to see yellow and/or red cards introduced to help balance this up in game.
03/05/17 16:21
I would like to my player does not throw the ball away in place of scoring at 80' when he is alone with nobody in front of him to stop him... Because that's not the reality AT ALL
03/05/17 17:03
Absolute nonsense Waspy. That was the "exception that proves the rule" in the France v Wales game (plus the officials got it all wrong). It happens far too often in the simulated game here for all teams.

I do agree with yellow and red cards however.
04/05/17 09:56
Allan Thomson :

Absolute nonsense Waspy. That was the "exception that proves the rule" in the France v Wales game (plus the officials got it all wrong). It happens far too often in the simulated game here for all teams.

I do agree with yellow and red cards however.

The officials got it wrong? Hmmm, must've missed that bit. The dubious bit was the replacement of the French prop.

So yes, apart from being true, it's absolute nonsense.

Now I didn't say I like it or think it's remotely sensible, but it's not incorrect; in the case of repeated penalties, a game does not end. The France v Wales game wasn't an exception proving the rule, but it was an exceptional example of the rules (or rather Laws).
04/05/17 09:57
Pro Try :

I would like to my player does not throw the ball away in place of scoring at 80' when he is alone with nobody in front of him to stop him... Because that's not the reality AT ALL

I think we would all like that.
04/05/17 12:14
Waspy Tiger :

The officials got it wrong? Hmmm, must've missed that bit. The dubious bit was the replacement of the French prop.

Great argument proving my point that the officials got it completely wrong allowing the prop replacement.

Back on topic, yes we are all frustrated when a player is inches from the line and either throws the ball away or attempts a drop goal. I hope this gets sorted.
04/05/17 12:44
Allan Thomson :

Waspy Tiger :

Great argument proving my point that the officials got it completely wrong allowing the prop replacement.

Untrue. The match officials got it quite correct. The suspicion is that the French team doctor was cheating, which is a different matter.
04/05/17 13:38
Waspy Tiger :

Allan Thomson :

Waspy Tiger :

Untrue. The match officials got it quite correct. The suspicion is that the French team doctor was cheating, which is a different matter.

Thanks sir had no choice. He had to allow the sub the second the doctor said that head injury protocol needed to be followed. This process is in place because doctors typically act like doctors and not a fan who is willing to lose their license to practice. If the sir is allowed to make judgements calls and overrule a doctor there could be very bad outcomes. Shame on anyone in France that had something to do with it (I suspect 5 people max) and shame on the doctor, but kuddos to the sir.