Being ripped off

13/04/18 15:15
So this morning I bought 4 players, opened several tabs and bought the 4 players at the same price. However, with one of the players although when pressing the buy button I didnt receive my player.....just the goodie pack. So by law I must receive what I bought or receive a refund......still yet to receive and Ive been threatened to be banned for cheating as its illegal?!?!
13/04/18 15:21
Cheating in a "game" may well be morally wrong however, it is most definitely not illegal!

What is illegal is paying for goods and/or services in full and not receiving them!
13/04/18 16:04
Intentionally exploiting a system in such a way will get you a lifetime ban on any of these app games if discovered and there have been significant legal cases in many countries and all have sided with the games. You attempted to manipulate the game system, the manipulation resulted in an error you didn't like, and the devs have told you that you were manipulating the system. There is a moral problem here, but not from the devs. You my friend were trying to steal (lots of people do this in this game), you didn't get to steal as much as you wanted and you turned yourself in. It would be like a drug dealer going to the police after s9meone stole their drugs from them.
13/04/18 16:06
If it is worthy of being refunded any credit card company or bank will ensure the refund but they will ask the company for their side. You may discover that the devs have provided you more than needed, but your cc co or bank can help
13/04/18 17:20
Fair points Monks however, I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with this one. Some people have more disposable income than others and some have more disposable income at different times so why not just offer all packages and let players choose what they can afford at any given time? I think they would actually receive more income if they did this.

Happy to see the arguments against this.
13/04/18 19:04
So you want to allow a bigger gap between the free play and cc play? I don't.
13/04/18 19:06
I like that buying one player hurts some people, that buying 2 hurts even more and that you can buy 15 but then it's just silly on your part. I like the progressive increase. And I don't like entitled thieves to be upset that they weren't allowed to steal as much as they thought they would be able to steal (and once again, this is an incredibly common tactic and not theft by just one person, but justify all you want, it's theft)
14/04/18 14:38
Two days ago I moaned about prices, and being ripped off, so they gave me two players as a good will gesture, within 20 minutes they took them back off claiming it was a mistake,. They claim that Apple are responsible for pricing, I have contacted Apple and showed them the response they gave me, which Apple refute. Apple are very concerned at what is going on and are looking into people being ripped off, one of my colleagues in my guild is being charged £70 for players, this is down right immoral, but hopefully Apple can sort it out. Me trying was not in vein black monk.
14/04/18 20:28
You took the better routes, and if a guild mate told you he paid 70 for one player then I have a piece of property to sell you in arizona, it's right on the beach too!
14/04/18 20:42
Also, I know apple and Facebook set the exchange rates, but I don't know if they have contract agreements that are also different. Or if one has a contract in euros or pounds and the other in dollars because that would also cause legitimate disrepencies. But a refund will be tough to get without losing all players and/or being banned as they are now well within their rights, legally and morally, to do so. Bans and cc companies are best to get refunds, it's a big reason to use cc for a game like this instead of debit or bank account linked to google etc.