Phalanx, Over and Out

21/01/21 12:26
The time has come for me to hang up my RM boots for good. I've retired twice before due to time constraints and made comebacks, but this is the final goodbye.

Just wanted to say cheers to all of you and thank you for the games. If we have ever bumped heads, remember that rugby is a hooligan's game played by gentlemen. On the field, so to speak, we always play hard and smash each other's faces in. We kick knees in the lineouts, pull ears and poke eyes in the scrum, and fists and faces make acquaintances in the rucks. BUT, we ought to be able to enjoy a cold beer together afterwards and have a laugh.

I've enjoyed my time on the game because of the camaraderie with players from other guilds and, obviously my own brothers and sisters in Damage Inc. I'm proud to have been a founding member of this guild and to have been a leader.

One might wonder why a message like this is needed, but as you all know this game can consume a lot of your time and the social element is what kept me here for the 3 or 4 years I have played. I feel like I know you all like I know my neighbour.

I'll end with 124 tournament wins and 41 championship wins, 6 of which were top level champs. Far from the best, but I'm happy to have those in the trophy cabinet. I'd hoped to win the big tournament before I was done, but best I managed was the semi-final. Winning this one is unlikely since I'm playing with only 2 subs

In closing, I hope Sweet Nitro improves their customer support for you all and starts to listen to their customers. It was out of principle that I played the last 7 or so months without spending any money, which is why I played the past 4 seasons with between 2-4 subs and partly why my time is now up.

So until the end of the season, I'll see you out on the field and I'll hold nothing back. After that, thanks and cheers.
21/01/21 19:31
Hi Nick.
Hope you and the family are well. As in the past we've seen many greats retire and you truely are one of those. Was great to play with you and against you. You're always a tough nut to crack even with 2 subs lol.
All the best to you and stay safe mate.
23/01/21 12:56
Your a legend mate, all the best from Aussie Dexter.
23/01/21 19:12
Ystrad :

Hi Nick.
Hope you and the family are well. As in the past we've seen many greats retire and you truely are one of those. Was great to play with you and against you. You're always a tough nut to crack even with 2 subs lol.
All the best to you and stay safe mate.

Cheers buddy. Always enjoyed our tussles. You always stood out as one of the toughest teams to beat. One of the guys who always seemed to know what and how to adjust in game.

Everything of the best to you and your family
23/01/21 19:13
Guest CQQRHG :

Your a legend mate, all the best from Aussie Dexter.

Cheers mate
24/01/21 12:51
You have always been a strong player in this game, I have always giving you credit for that.
As a leader of your guild you have always had a strong following too. That should definitely be worth recognising.

However, I have also seen the ungentlemanly side of you too, (and your followers) which has cause us conflict.
I concede that you won our battle, and now I have moved-on.
So although I will shred no tears over this news, I will wish you well, when there is so much more important things is this world.

I sure your followers will continue in your footsteps.

I wish you health and success in the real world.
24/01/21 14:41
Ah Nick, sad to see you go, but all the best with the business and real life commitments. Legend of the game, have a cold one for me bud.
25/01/21 18:21
Balderdash Titans :

Ah Nick, sad to see you go, but all the best with the business and real life commitments. Legend of the game, have a cold one for me bud.

Cheers mate. I appreciate that. I will have more than one for you, and I'll keep in touch as well. Everything of the best to you buddy.
25/01/21 18:22
Mic's Mob :

You have always been a strong player in this game, I have always giving you credit for that.
As a leader of your guild you have always had a strong following too. That should definitely be worth recognising.

However, I have also seen the ungentlemanly side of you too, (and your followers) which has cause us conflict.
I concede that you won our battle, and now I have moved-on.
So although I will shred no tears over this news, I will wish you well, when there is so much more important things is this world.

I sure your followers will continue in your footsteps.

I wish you health and success in the real world.

I wish you well, Mic.
26/01/21 21:02
Good Luck Nick! All the best - Stay Safe