Penalty for playing out of position

29/11/15 16:48
guest_1443478582777 :

Not entirely sure why you're mentioning Burgess as if it's some form of positive note to your argument... We all know how that ended...

I am guessing you do not watch the domestic game in England? He looked like he could be something special at Flanker when playing for Bath, sadly he choose not to try and develop that potential into solid brilliance over a significant period of time.
30/11/15 03:04
Oh don't get me wrong about for Bath, but he was only mixed about when he played for England at centre...
30/11/15 23:57
guest_1443478582777 :

Oh don't get me wrong about for Bath, but he was only mixed about when he played for England at centre...

He started as a centre at Bath (first two games), but it was soon thought too technical for a 'novice' in the sport. Personally I think he was treated badly, and I would liked to have seen how he developed if he had stayed for the whole three years of his contract. He may very well have stepped back up to Centre for Bath in due course.
01/12/15 02:59
I thought he was treated badly by the England set up. If someone offered you a place in an international 15, most people wouldn't hesitate! So you can't blame him for accepting the offers, sadly the English management should have done him a favour and not offered him a place when he was definitely not ready.