A gvg match-up to prove what a joke the ranking system is

21/07/17 19:48
We at Hellfire Jager Bombers tomorrow meet Lions in a gvg match-up. Lions have recently been ranked as 'number 1 guild' in the ranking system and currently sit just 10k fans off top spot. Hellfire currently sit 21st. According to this ranking system, this match-up should be a walkover for Lions. Hellfire will have to max bonus every game in the hope of scraping a draw.

If this gvg match-up doesn't prove to the devs that the ranking system needs an overhaul, nothing will.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE DEVELOPERS, ADMINS AND MODERATORS.
21/07/17 19:54
Your above post is bang on, except it's lions that will need max mb and hellfire won't spend a penny. This will be final proof of the superiority of the BMRS over the games 'ranking' system. I feel sorry for the lions having to be the example and wish nothing personal toward them, they play their game and have every right and I fully hope they enjoy the game as much as I do despite different goals.
21/07/17 20:08
Black Monks :

Your above post is bang on, except it's lions that will need max mb and hellfire won't spend a penny. This will be final proof of the superiority of the BMRS over the games 'ranking' system. I feel sorry for the lions having to be the example and wish nothing personal toward them, they play their game and have every right and I fully hope they enjoy the game as much as I do despite different goals.

Yes sorry, it wasn't meant to sound disrespectful. It maybe wasn't the best wording. Still, you get the point.
21/07/17 20:16
I don't think you were disrespectful, it's exciting to get to prove yourself, it has to be the best part of rugby!
21/07/17 20:39
Surely a ranking based on the entire guilds average league level or average star rating would be much more appropriate - fans in essence means very little.
21/07/17 21:09
Fans mean nothing, star level means a little more. Personal rankings mean the most. People in the top 100 can keep their fans as long as they deserve being there. If you have to run to the 2000s to keep your fans you aren't top level. The US Eagles can be undefeated if they only play Mexico....that wouldn't make them top level.
21/07/17 21:35
BiA a have been having similar issues.

Would give the game much more playability for longer with better gvg match ups.

On the rare occasions that powerful guild meets powerful guild it gets quite exciting... wish there was more of it!!!

21/07/17 21:45
These walkover gVg are no fun for anyone - yes it's easy RP in the end but it's not fun. I imagine it's less fun for the weaker guilds.
21/07/17 21:50
Black Monks :

Fans mean nothing, star level means a little more. Personal rankings mean the most. People in the top 100 can keep their fans as long as they deserve being there. If you have to run to the 2000s to keep your fans you aren't top level. The US Eagles can be undefeated if they only play Mexico....that wouldn't make them top level.

Precisely
21/07/17 22:33
Bluemooners :

We at Hellfire Jager Bombers tomorrow meet Lions in a gvg match-up. Lions have recently been ranked as 'number 1 guild' in the ranking system and currently sit just 10k fans off top spot. Hellfire currently sit 21st. According to this ranking system, this match-up should be a walkover for Lions. Hellfire will have to max bonus every game in the hope of scraping a draw.

If this gvg match-up doesn't prove to the devs that the ranking system needs an overhaul, nothing will.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE DEVELOPERS, ADMINS AND MODERATORS.

Maybe you should talk about our previous GVG (VS French flair 4 Officielle. 304th at the moment, maybe 200th the moment we played)... We had 0 D1 and 1 retired D2. Easier to complain when you're not the best one. Not only ranking system is ... up but GVG matchup is BS...