whats the point in making a statement if your going to lock the thread

08/02/18 12:03
Brian Whelan :

I need new socks :

If people are upset about arranging matches shouldnt they also jump up and down about using mb, as its basically giving ur players steriods so they can win, should we be encouraging children that steriods use is OK??

Except match bonus exists in the real world.

Hmmm in the real world giving me some extra cash doesnt improve my performace the only thing in the real world that would give me a improvement like mb does in this game is steriods. And news flash this isnt the real world, this is a computer generated game
08/02/18 12:05
Brian Whelan :

I never mentioned rules. My point was about setting examples for kids. Wasn't that the point about bad language? It's quite simple really, if we are going to say we can't use bad language because kids are on the forum then by the same principle we should not be arranging match fixing here either.

Do you notice how you moved the posts? First cheating and bad language are the same. Then it's shown it's not breaking rules (not cheating) and you change your rationale. And as a father I would much rather have my kids see a debate about what is and isn't fair play than to see a slew of profanity, they aren't apples and oranges, they are apples and potatoes
08/02/18 12:07
Dunraven Castle :

Brian Whelan :

I need new socks :

If people are upset about arranging matches shouldnt they also jump up and down about using mb, as its basically giving ur players steriods so they can win, should we be encouraging children that steriods use is OK??

From a couple of beer tickets on Cardiff Parks to five figure sums from sponsors in the Six Nations...

So getting some beer tickets improves ur game??? U can suddenly run 5% faster than u normally can?
08/02/18 12:07
Black Monks :

Brian Whelan :

I never mentioned rules. My point was about setting examples for kids. Wasn't that the point about bad language? It's quite simple really, if we are going to say we can't use bad language because kids are on the forum then by the same principle we should not be arranging match fixing here either.

Do you notice how you moved the posts? First cheating and bad language are the same. Then it's shown it's not breaking rules (not cheating) and you change your rationale. And as a father I would much rather have my kids see a debate about what is and isn't fair play than to see a slew of profanity, they aren't apples and oranges, they are apples and potatoes

If you were a leader, how would you punish them?
08/02/18 12:09
I would require a name change, adding (-illogical) to their game name for 7 days
08/02/18 12:11
Black Monks :

I would require a name change, adding (-illogical) to their game name for 7 days

Brilliant idea. Never would have thought of it. Definitely good leadership skill displayed there.
08/02/18 12:33
I need new socks :

Dunraven Castle :

Brian Whelan :

I need new socks :

From a couple of beer tickets on Cardiff Parks to five figure sums from sponsors in the Six Nations...

So getting some beer tickets improves ur game??? U can suddenly run 5% faster than u normally can?

I can't explain the physiology, but if MB didn't have an effect in real rugby, why would people pay it?

I'm not trying to support use of it here I may add, just pointing out that it happens at every level of rugby I have come across - it is widely held in Wales at least as being the death of "grassroots" community rugby - people won't play for their local village if the next village offers better bonus.
08/02/18 12:59
Dunraven Castle :

I need new socks :

Dunraven Castle :

Brian Whelan :

I need new socks :

I can't explain the physiology, but if MB didn't have an effect in real rugby, why would people pay it?

I'm not trying to support use of it here I may add, just pointing out that it happens at every level of rugby I have come across - it is widely held in Wales at least as being the death of "grassroots" community rugby - people won't play for their local village if the next village offers better bonus.

Yes match bonus happens in the real world, but it is completely different to what it does in Rugby manager. In Rugby manager paying mb makes ur team stronger, better, faster by 5% than they normally are, its completely different to the real world i very much doubt if i went up to usian bolt and game him 25 mil at the start line he could suddenly run 5% faster, this game has no reflection of the real world except it kinda looks a little like Rugby. Its not like if i brought a water bottle i would suddenly have 15% more stamina in the real world. This is a game it has way different rules than the real world
08/02/18 13:18
Dunraven Castle :

Brian Whelan :

I need new socks :

That sounds like sponsorship, i.e. finance building