Take out 'team energy' from the game completely?

07/09/18 12:45
Hi all,
I know I will receive opposition to this, but hear me out first. I'm not sure, myself. I know team energy is a strategy that can be used in GC's (and if you want to go that far, in friendlies)
There are two good reasons, I can think of, for the removal of this 'strat'.

1) 'Energy' creates a lot of confusion, particularly for new and for some experienced players. The evidence has been shown on many occasions on this Forum, where players confuse it with stamina. It not explained within the game, players have to find out for themselves, which is fine with me, but many don't. I know a few newer teams within my Guild did not know to play comp. games with full energy. Maybe some players 'drop-out' from the game, due to differing performances from their team due to this.
2) Taking 'energy' from the game, with 'injuries' the 'strength' stat and heal kits, would ensure that Teams joining Guilds will be ONLY interested in taking part in the challenges. Thus, resulting in less, but many more competitive Guilds.

I would like to see your comments on this subject
Cheers......
07/09/18 13:04
I think that there is enough in the help pages within the game for players to know that they should play important games with high energy, they just need to take the time and trouble to read the information provided.
07/09/18 13:23
Hi Hutchie,
I use facebook (maybe it's different on other apps). I have just re-checked the help pages. I cannot see where 'energy' is explained. Maybe I can be corrected on this point.
Cheers.....
07/09/18 13:27
I get the logic but I think the loss is greater than the gain personally.
07/09/18 13:39
Peanut Butta :

Hi Hutchie,
I use facebook (maybe it's different on other apps). I have just re-checked the help pages. I cannot see where 'energy' is explained. Maybe I can be corrected on this point.
Cheers.....

Select a player and then the help button, it is the last item on the General tab. It might not explain that it accounts for 25% of the player's overall quality, but it does make it clear that high energy makes a difference.
07/09/18 14:39
Yep, Gotcha. I remember I have seen it before.

Hi Bm
I would like to know loss v gain.
Cheers.....
07/09/18 14:46
I think the loss of a great feature would be worse than the benefit of making people join guilds for your stated goal. I think having guilds for that reason is great but I wouldn't want want energy sacrificed for that goal.
07/09/18 15:18
Yeah, you got my main point. Just to play 'Devil's advocate', why wouldn't you want 'energy sacrificed'?
Every comp game you play, you surely are on a level with the oppo'. Only would come into play in GC's and friendlies.
07/09/18 16:54
It adds a positive strategy element in my opinion. Makes GC more enjoyable, map games up top adds strategy, makes managers manage the training they use. I like these aspects.
07/09/18 17:17
Yes I agree with GC part, I always have catch a higher level team with it's 'pants down'. But wouldn't GC's be better overall without so many 'inactives'?
Managing training is simple.
I feel the 'map games' would benefit more, because you would be on an equal footing. A more realistic ranking?