Guild strength in guild challenge.

08/08/19 17:36
Hi,
I just want to know how the game measures the strength of guilds to pit against each other. Our guild have been hopelessly outmatched 7 out of the last 8 challenges. Our highest lvl player is 71 with the rest of us spread over the 60's and we get pitted against guilds with up to 10 players above lvl 78. Something seems to be very off with your matchmaking.
08/08/19 19:02
Congratulations SweetNitro for closing another game.
Nova Raider ended today, developpers could have kept him alive so easily, but that was not on their intentions.
GB
12/08/19 20:28
To my understanding the relative strength of the guilds are not considered. It is done purely on the guild rankings table which can be accessed via the Guild Challenge screen.

I don't know the actual algorithm used but the system seems to match with available guilds plus or minus about 20 places on that table.
13/08/19 17:54
close lone wolf.

1-50 points is +/- 5 gc points
51-95 points is +/- 10 gc points
95+ is +/- 15 gc points

Guilds above 95 gc points cant play any guild 15 gc points lower than themselves after 4 hours of searching
01/09/19 17:06
Tony Stank :

close lone wolf.

1-50 points is +/- 5 gc points
51-95 points is +/- 10 gc points
95+ is +/- 15 gc points

Guilds above 95 gc points cant play any guild 15 gc points lower than themselves after 4 hours of searching

That makes sense. I remember suggesting something similar to Sweet Nitro in a ticket several months ago when the GC waits for the guilds at the top were hitting 24 hours plus. Yes it means a bit of an unequal match pitting guilds 15 challenge points apart against each ther, however the long wait was equally unfair as it was really affecting the finances of the top guilds.

Making the range much narrower lower down makes complete sense as there are far more possible options for matches and you therefore want to be matched against someone more or less your level - at least in theory. In practice, I'm not convinced it is working that smoothly.