Point system for Guild Challenges

02/03/16 00:21
There's a lot too much made of this IMHO. We've won 21, drawn 12 and lost 0, and it's not by use of bonus - or at least, not very often, and only if our opponent is - and our experience is that the big guilds use it more than the small ones - not surprising, lots of them have little else to spend the cash on. We've seen it as a source of cash, not a cash sink, to the extent that some of our players have been deliberately losing the odd home game to earn more - it's rare otherwise that we get more than one home game each, although we had to work for a draw in our most recent challenge. We've done it by having good tactics that can actually make match bonus counter-productive, which is immensely satisfying.
13/03/16 11:30
Waspy Tiger :

There's a lot too much made of this IMHO. We've won 21, drawn 12 and lost 0, and it's not by use of bonus - or at least, not very often, and only if our opponent is - and our experience is that the big guilds use it more than the small ones - not surprising, lots of them have little else to spend the cash on. We've seen it as a source of cash, not a cash sink, to the extent that some of our players have been deliberately losing the odd home game to earn more - it's rare otherwise that we get more than one home game each, although we had to work for a draw in our most recent challenge. We've done it by having good tactics that can actually make match bonus counter-productive, which is immensely satisfying.

how do you know they are using mb? there is nothing in the game that tells you if they do or not .. all game needs to do is added mb to def in gvg then its all fair ..stand by your tactics of not using it but that's your call ..also who throws games for just a few dollars? rather win and have less than have guild think my team was crap.. its the defence in gvg that makes it fun .. lets get the update done so we can debate better things to fix in this game

14/03/16 02:24
Everyone hates draws, come on, spice it up a bit. The number of players shows you the game is a winner, give something back to the player.
15/03/16 15:17
killerkiwis :

"Waspy Tiger" :

how do you know they are using mb? there is nothing in the game that tells you if they do or not .. all game needs to do is added mb to def in gvg then its all fair ..stand by your tactics of not using it but that's your call ..also who throws games for just a few dollars? rather win and have less than have guild think my team was crap.. its the defence in gvg that makes it fun .. lets get the update done so we can debate better things to fix in this game

Well you can get a really good idea just by the speed the players move at and by the way they glide over tacklers like they're not there, but if you play a friendly just before, you can also get an idea of what a true competition would be. As for who throws games for money, lots of people. There's a thread about it in bugs.

MB doesn't make it fairer if both sides use it, that's just not true - it just reinforces the stronger side. Removing it is the only really fair way.
15/03/16 16:27
Agree 100% ... And getting all 20 games in a GvG is naturally advantageous ...
And yes, we throw games in GvG, and yes it was me that started the bug thread, just cos it was so blatant I assumed a bug (Nice one Hawkes, they say the biggest compliment is a copy, and I must say losing yesterday 63-0 was impressive, even for me :o), just wish I hadn't left part that strategy on for an away game too lol).

Anyhow, we digress ...... Away wins should get a point ... Definitely.

The other option, considering this is a game of strategy, would be 1 challenge each.
And someone already challenged cannot be rechallenged ....
Pick your opponent widely or your guild could end up with a 50* v a 70*

Of course, in line with my stance, NO MBs
15/03/16 19:22
Live example, just concluded ... 10-10 ... Surprise.
BL home games - P18 W10 D1 L3 + 4 deliberate.
BL away games - P20 W9 D1 L10

Result of course a draw ..... NB no comments on MB used either ... Just the scoring system !

In my book it's simple:
BL P38 W19 D2 L13+4
That's a win

(and yes it could be argued that the opposition also put in some deliberate loses.... Personal opinion not, but they could. Also not the point, just a score system example of Why today's score system is wrong)
16/03/16 08:23
Just take away the Bonus and implement a tie Breaker match between the two strongest teams in the challange
16/03/16 10:30
I don't mind draws as such, but it shouldn't be set up to be the default option - we definitely don't need a tie breaker, though, just either change the scoring or remove MB, or implement my salary cap idea or whatever - then if it's a draw, it's a fair result.
10/05/16 14:12
23/05/16 13:47
So to get guild challenges to be more realistic I suggest the following:

1. Create a Guild Challenge Season (This would be over 3 months or 10 in game seasons)
2. All Guilds start a Guild Challenge season on 1000 points.
3. Winning a Guild Challenge grants 10 points, while losing drops you by -10.
4. Drawing a Guild Challenge leaves your rating as is.
5. At the end of a Guild Challenge season all Guilds reset to 1000 and the top 10 guilds receive Gold Balls as rewards, or
1-10 gets X gold balls and Cash
11-100 gets Y gold balls and Cash
100+ Gets Cash Only

What I can suggest to stop the Draws in Guild Challenges, is to increase Guild Challenges to 25 Man, that way all teams need to participate as a Guild.
If guild A only has 23 members for example and they play guild B then guild B would start the game B 2-0 A up. Then a Guild Challenge would be a GUILD challenge and not an internal nightmare for Guild Leaders.