Tournament bug

19/11/17 23:05
In my last two tournament challenges I've noticed that I get awarded a 3-0 win at kick off time. On discussing this in the guild we've come to the conclusion that my opposition are bailing on the tournament because they don't think they can beat me. However, I am not awarded any cash for the game or gold balls or training points. The training points is somewhat understandable but why no gold or cash? Surely a forfeit is still a win? There's something wrong with the game if you get punished for being good enough that people don't want to play against you surely? I'm not boasting here, I'm just annoyed that all my hard work making my team good is costing me winnings. I'm Wales level 20 in the guild The Exiles. Please fix this annoying bug or don't allow people to leave a tournament once they have entered.
19/11/17 23:44
Looked and can't find you
20/11/17 07:28
Black Monks :

Looked and can't find you

Team name: Wales
Guild: The Exiles

Just noticed there's also a Welsh guild called Exiles. The last guild we played in a GC was called bloem destroiers. You may be able to find us that way.
20/11/17 22:43
If someone leaves a tournament before their game is due to start it is still "simulated" on the servers but the team that is still in gets an automatic 3-0 win. Some teams leave deliberately and join another tournament to get a start time where they are more likely to be online than offline. I have done this myself very occasionally.
21/11/17 00:18
Also, your guild isn't the exiles, the l isn't an l.
21/11/17 13:45
DHSFP :

If someone leaves a tournament before their game is due to start it is still "simulated" on the servers but the team that is still in gets an automatic 3-0 win. Some teams leave deliberately and join another tournament to get a start time where they are more likely to be online than offline. I have done this myself very occasionally.

But why does the 'winning' or non-forfeiting team not get the cash for the game? I don't understand that - it must be classed as a bug surely?
21/11/17 13:47
21/11/17 14:08
Black Monks :

Also, your guild isn't the exiles, the l isn't an l.

First time I spotted that, thanks! I guess we are not going to be easy to find then

But back to the issue at hand, what is the likelihood of this bug being sorted out? I have no qualms essentially with people bailing on tournaments (although in both my cases I know for sure that it wasn't a question of time - the first occasion was in the final and the second was first round at 9.20pm in the evening - they don't come much more convenient than that), I find it annoying to lose the training points, but these things happen. However I dispute the fact that the person who doesn't forfeit should be denied the money they would have won for playing the game, win or lose. I noticed the gold balls were actually assigned to me upon restart, so that bug is not so bad.
21/11/17 21:09
Guest G8SUU3 :

second was first round at 9.20pm in the evening - they don't come much more convenient than that),.

not disputing you main point about the money, but you do realise that there are different time zones right? 9:20 in the evening for you could be 4:20 in the morning for someone else
21/11/17 21:47
Targaryen Dragons :

Guest G8SUU3 :

second was first round at 9.20pm in the evening - they don't come much more convenient than that),.

not disputing you main point about the money, but you do realise that there are different time zones right? 9:20 in the evening for you could be 4:20 in the morning for someone else

Yes quite, but for a French player it's going to be no later than 11.20 pm and, without naming names, he was more than happy to continue playing in his new tournament which was an hour later Not that that's the point, I think it's pretty obvious he bailed cos he thought it was a no win match. The point is the bug and not receiving the cash for a forfeited game. I personally would also like to receive the training points (at least for my starting team) but I am not sure how feasible that is given that 0 minutes of the actual game were played.

Perhaps this all sounds a bit petty, but when it happens in 2 tournament games in a row, it starts to irritate and you start to wonder whether this is going to be a regular thing. I'm probably down just shy of 4 million, plus 4 training points for my starting team and 2 for my subs. If this starts happening every week, then it will become a strong motivation to stop playing tournaments for a while - hopefully it won't come to that.