Stat name change

08/01/17 07:18
Found this old thread- http://www.sublinet.com/en/forum/topic.php?server=42&id=15999
Thought of a fix so new players aren't confused- the "Strength" stat should be changed to "Impact" or something similar.

Could also change "Hit Power" to "Strip" or "Force Fumble" and then change "Strength" to "Hit Power".

This would also help keep new players in general- Strength sounds like a general trait, and we've seen a couple threads about injury, but with a name change people wouldn't sink as many points into it, leading to fewer injuries at low levels and more noobs continuing to play.
08/01/17 08:46
Digging in the archives I see, lol.

I highly recommend the giant question mark that is the help category, which states pretty implicitly what strength and toughness do in the game. There is a ton of useful information here, but there are a few translation issues on some things (Penetration strength comes to mind).

Of course if the stat presently known as "hit power" only affects the ability to cause a fumble (a defensive trait) why is it in the offensive skills category? What about carry being in the defensive skills, or blocking not being in the offensive category?

I said once before that speed, stamina, strength and toughness should be categorized together, and that the offensive and defensive categories could use a restructure, and I am still behind that idea, but not priority over a certain few bugs that can really swing the outcome of a game.
08/01/17 09:20
I've known about the ? for a while, that's why I haven't poured everything into STR like some people seem to lol
Just seems like a lot of players come through the AH with a ton of STR and not much else, and I saw several complaints about injuries browsing through the old posts (which I did there's some things the ? didn't tell me that the forum did, like the energy level affecting how good your training is). If that's a real issue, then a tweak to the name would help keep new players and grow the community.

And yeah. several stats are definitely miscategorized. I suggested the name change and would support the shuffle on top of bug fixes because they're simple UI tweaks, wouldn't require more than moving certain segments of code into other areas (assuming they use some sort of OOP language- if they don't, it explains a lot).