Player Positions

21/09/15 14:30
Hi,
What is the effect of playing players out of position?
The players you purchase have a generic skill set which is fairly even across the board whilst you may not feel it is necessary for a Prop to have a great skill Kick Precision or Power purchasing a player with a 30 star rating may have this skill.
So you could just buy players and put them out of position. with no penalty
I ask because I just played a team with 5 players out of position No 8 at prop, No 8 at second row, No 8 on the flank, 9 & 10 in the center positions.
Thanks
21/09/15 14:35
If you pay attention to the strategic instructions of the player, and attribute training points manually, it makes no problem to have a player out of position.
21/09/15 15:42
Why have player numbers then? A scrum half should never be as good in a line out as a second row no matter how you juggle his stats, likewise i don't see many wings that could be props or vice versa. I think there should be a morale issue or problem with their performance otherwise you can just burgle cheaper players from the auction instead of one to fill the position
22/09/15 02:44
Its the same in real life - If a player has good enough stats they can play in another positio. Remember Radike Samo (no.8) on the wing for Australia? Sam Burgess playing at No 12 or No 7 for England?