How does automatic replacement of Injured players work?

02/10/15 04:57
Hi

When a player gets injured - how does the game pick a replacement? I recently had a Wing injured and he got replaced with a Halfback. I presume this was because the replacement Halfback had a higher Quality than my replacement Wing? (16 instead of 10). Is this what happens all the time? Will I end up with a Prop on the wing because of slightly higher Quality?

Cheers

PS Great game!
02/10/15 11:31
The game choose the player with the highest quality playing at the same post, or a near post if there is nobody available on the same post.
03/10/15 00:44
The game dont actually choose the best player to replace an injured player, it seem to just choose the player in that position who's 1st on the list. Twice already when i had injuries, and also i have more than 2 of each position in extras, the game just replaced my injured player with same position player who is 1st in list. Lucky I noticed immediately and swapped player with the best substitute. I also swapped all my extra players in the list around so that the best players is always ahead of weaker players in the list.