One-Sided Guild Challenge - Again

07/04/17 10:35
Thought I would share some stats for the Guild Challenge match-up which the game has assigned to us today:

TerraNova Barbarians vs JUDGE RFC

Fans: 1,864,500 vs 2,711,670 (45% more)
Avg level: 19 vs 28 (49% higher)
Avg stars: 82 vs 114 (39% higher)
Level 30+: 1 vs 9
Level 20-29: 7 vs 12
Level 10-19: 13 vs 0

I am not posting this to whine or throw toys out of any cots. We look forward to the challenge and will throw everything we can at JUDGE RFC, without using match bonus (we are a match bonus free guild).

I merely wish to put on record that the perception that the game assigns GC opponents that are within 20% of the number of fans is either untrue, or the game has changed the way it assigns these match-ups. We are almost always matched against much stronger opponents - this is far from the first time we have been matched against an opponent that well and truly outguns us. We just thought we would put some stats down for the record this time.

Having said that, to the guys at JUDGE RFC we say that we look forward to the battle and we will do our best to give you guys a fight and make it worth your while.

07/04/17 11:32
It's never been 20% but 33%, and it's average fans, not total fans. On your figures, their average fans are 28% more than yours, so within spec.
07/04/17 12:35
OK please show me how this works. We have 21 players with 1,864,500 fans. That's an average of 88,786 fans per player. They have 21 players with 2,711,670 fans at an average of 129,127 fans per player.

129,127 - 88,786 = 40,341 difference in average fans.

40,341 out of 88,786 = 45% more fans on average than we have.

Am I doing this wrong?
07/04/17 12:40
I'm not being full of crap at all here - I genuinely want to know how this works. Thanks
07/04/17 12:47
They have 25 teams thou so what is the maths on that? Its worked out on all the teams in.the guild
07/04/17 13:02
I need new socks :

They have 25 teams thou so what is the maths on that? Its worked out on all the teams in.the guild

Yup, it's on the full number of teams.
07/04/17 14:31
Okay. That makes sense. With all their teams combined they have an average of 121,040 per team. But that is still 36% more than our averge of 88,786 per team.

Anyhow, up until now, most people have been saying on the forum that the difference should not exceed 20%. As we have seen today, that is simply not the case. Today's the first time I've heard that the correct number is 33%, but then we are still being hard done by in this challenge.

Be that as it may, as I said, we are looking forward to the challenge and will throw everything we've got at the guys from Judge RFC. May the best guild win.
07/04/17 16:03
PhusionMedia Sharks :

Okay. That makes sense. With all their teams combined they have an average of 121,040 per team. But that is still 36% more than our averge of 88,786 per team.

Anyhow, up until now, most people have been saying on the forum that the difference should not exceed 20%. As we have seen today, that is simply not the case. Today's the first time I've heard that the correct number is 33%, but then we are still being hard done by in this challenge.

Be that as it may, as I said, we are looking forward to the challenge and will throw everything we've got at the guys from Judge RFC. May the best guild win.

First time I had ever heard 20%, to be honest.

However, it depends on the averages at the time the challenge is created - obviously these can change in the following 24 hour period.
07/04/17 16:38
yeah I created an new guild from scratch so low fanbases we aint even got 500,00 fans between us, we only have 12 players and so far we've come up against two guild with over 1 million fans and our best player is 120 I think on rating. The guild were currently facing has an entire team of over 100 + players. Personally me thinks fanbase GC ranking is rubbish anyone can have the fans not everyone has the players to compete. By that I mean what the guild challenges should be based on is average team strength from your first xi because thesedays you have so many fake ratings, but I think elite teams should only come up against other elite sides where is the competition in the game when one side has far superior players to the other? For me the gc would be better if you only came up against teams with 10 -15 of your own guilds average strength.
07/04/17 16:45
Waspy Tiger :

PhusionMedia Sharks :

First time I had ever heard 20%, to be honest.

However, it depends on the averages at the time the challenge is created - obviously these can change in the following 24 hour period.

The numbers were added up right at the beginning.