Penalty try and kicking probabilitys

15/12/15 16:47
Just a couple more suggestions:

Penalty trys-> on several occasions my trys have been stopped by the defending number 15 fouling my player just before the try line. Maby allowing a penalty try when the last defending player commits a foul would be a good idea.

Here's the definition from the rule book:
Penalty try. A penalty try is awarded if a try would probably have been scored but for foul play by the defending team. A penalty try is awarded if a try would probably have been scored in a better position but for foul play by the defending team.
A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts.

More realistic kicking probabilitys ->Currently kickers seem to have just as much chance of converting a kick, be they in front of the posts or next to the side line.

http://www.betterrugbycoaching.com/images/BRC_167.gif

Maby creating a bonus for their kicking statistics when in front of the posts and a malus when kicking whey off centre would make the game more realistic.
Thanks
29/12/15 23:34
I like the idea of a penalty try when the last defender commits a foul.
30/12/15 15:28
Yes, and how about letting a player who is clean through for a try actually score that try instead of kicking to touch when the clock hits 80!
02/01/16 15:19
Slippery tiger is right - that is so frustrating!
Drop goals would help
07/01/16 12:35
Like the penalty try idea and the ability to score when clean through after 80 mins' rather than just hoof the ball into row Z.