Do you provide marriage counselling?

28/03/16 23:44
My wife officially hates the game, a long supporter of me on the field she affectionately knows the game as 'rugby w@nkers'

Personally, I love it

Other questions I have are:

1. Why can I never buy a 9, are they that rare? And never score!
2. How do players at level 11+ buy 60* players? Have they been tested?
3. Why do players I sell at 39* never get bought by level 1 teams?
4. Who still keeps onto their 8,9 & 10 bonus players from level 1 for 'sentimental reasons'
5. Do you judge a player just by his star rating or does a dodgy name mean anything?
6. Playing a player out of position, does it work? A team full of 10s might be interesting?

Keep up the good work...

Earlsfield Elephants
Scrum down, Ruck over, Drink up ©
29/03/16 00:00
Yes, you can play players out of position very effectively, but you need to train them specifically for their new role. I have in the past operate a team entirely of 8s and 15s, and always keep some 8s with lots of training points spare to fill a gap. My current team is mostly similar to their original position, but I have a flanker at 9 who's been doing me a great job for 3 seasons, a hooker propping, and a fullback on the wing.
You can only buy and sell players in your current league level, so L1 teams can't buy your 39* players, and indeed if you're at L11, nobody else will either.
I personally trim my squad regularly to get rid of players I won't use, just to keep the wage bill down.
And almost all players have dodgy names, don't they?
29/03/16 00:39
9's are a waste of time if you ask me, I play my kicker there as they may as well sit somewhere. They do score though occasionally, get him to kick and hope he's faster than the oppo!

Personally I look at individual skill ratings rather than total star rating - what the point of a prop whose an awesome kicker or winger who can scrummage / is great in the lineouts??

I am guilty of keeping sentimental players, I had one guy who had amazing training % so was awesomely fast and could tackle anything (he was a fullback) but was single figures in everything else.

Oh and I haven't had any issues playing players out of position.
29/03/16 08:58
Thanks for the feedback....