RIP Rugby Manager - For many at least, today the developers killed the game

05/07/16 20:35
The developers have been promising improvements and changes to the game we have loved as many have out-grown the original development.

Today we have been given a mindless set of upgrades that doesn't need even need the use of 1 brain cell to implement. There is no strategy improvements or conundrums, no new building introductions (such as youth academies or similar), no changes to the highly unpopular MB issue and no hope to those waiting that things will improve further.

Many of the top players have already left the game, others - now they have seen the "offering and improvements" presented today- will also be leaving.

Can we please use this thread to show the developers just how widespread the disappointment and disillusionment is within players of this game?

If you are planning to leave the game put your game name and guild (if a member of one) below and lets show the developers how bad the situation really is - I don't think they really realise how close to departing we really are.

Players known to have left the game (or wound down their teams considerably) already:
Cayden
Dropkicks
Auckland Blues
ABS
Rhino
Forest Reds
Gravity Spikes

Players about to leave (or seriously wind down their teams involvement)
Welsh Wizzards - International Lions
Taff - International Lions
Back In The Game - International Rugby XV
BB - International Lions
El's Dynamos - International Lions

I know there are a lot of others out there - please add to this post.
05/07/16 20:52
Completely agree, needs changes. To me a competition with no match boost is needed along with some other additions
05/07/16 21:06
Add me to the list.

Unless the MB is removed and/or some strategic changes are put in place I'm quite possibly calling it a day by next season
05/07/16 21:43
Add me to the list. It's getting repetitive.
05/07/16 22:14
Missed off London Patel from the already gone list too!

Sorry mate!
05/07/16 22:17
via facebook at moment you can buy 18yo players maxed for your level and 250gbs for £15.19. The way I see it, if you want to spend £225 you will have a team for at least 26 weeks, not to mention 3750 gold balls Whats the point, In my eyes that has completely screwed the game
05/07/16 22:56
Craig Ingram :

via facebook at moment you can buy 18yo players maxed for your level and 250gbs for £15.19. The way I see it, if you want to spend £225 you will have a team for at least 26 weeks, not to mention 3750 gold balls Whats the point, In my eyes that has completely screwed the game

Why have you posted this here? This is a thread about players thinking of leaving the game?
05/07/16 23:05
Welsh Wizzards & Back In The Game :

Craig Ingram :

Why have you posted this here? This is a thread about players thinking of leaving the game?

Yes I know this is a thread about players thinking of leaving, you started your original post with complaints about the lack of brain cells needed to implement the upgrades introduced today, and the non removal of mb. I am sorry you don't think my comment belongs here, but was of the opinion that with the introduction of what I mentioned it would result in more people leaving the game,(as you stated originally) as this is really heading towards the credit card ruling the game. And if you aren't needing to spend your money on upgrading buildings because you will have 3750 gold balls to upgrade them, then that money will go on more MB which was another point in your original post. Again apologies for including a post which you don't agree with
06/07/16 00:20
For what it's worth I think that's a valid point Craig - it's clear the route the developers are taking, I'm sure there's a forum for app developers where someone has shown empirically that new players spend more than established ones. That said I personally think it's a disgusting way to treat what has become probably one of the most social games you can buy. The game previously could be dominated by players prepared to use their flexible friend (by buying gbs to train) but at least that was subtle. This is just blatant if you ask me. It's a crying shame that they don't offer a mechanism to sell gold balls and RP's back rather than constantly debasing them...
06/07/16 01:42
Adios