LVl 37 Auction House is a joke!!!

06/03/17 23:17
Sukitansee :

Whatever User Name I Try It Already Exists :

I'm at level 37, retiring at the end of this season and offloaded several players with good base scores and high development potential. They didn't go for exorbitant prices. Have also picked up a few 'finished articles' to support my final fling, again at reasonable prices. Also passed over plenty of players I would have gone for if intending to play on.

So in other words I don't see what the problem is. Haven't noticed anything unusual about the level 37 auction house this season.

Very surprising viewpoint. I and my guild buddies at L36/37/38 today have noticed the lack of quality in the auctions for the last few months - basically since they introduced the premium sales. There are very few 170/180 Q players in the auction, but loads of junk at 160 and lower and a raft of journeymen in the 200+ area who cost a fortune for one season's worth of play. Greed will kill this game in the end, as the best players are all beginning to hang their boots up!

I've never been enthusiastic about the 'pay real cash for a maxed out player' concept especially when some people took this to an extreme but I don't expect to pick up lots of players that are almost as good for free through the auction house.

I don't consider players rated at 160 to be junk especially when their skill points have been allocated to the right areas. I managed 6 wins and a positive points difference in the top tier last season with a first team rated under 160 on average.

Of course the best players are gradually hanging up their boots because every game has limits to its playability. There was a lot of fuss about this on the forum several months ago but there are new skilful players coming through all the time and a growing number in total.
06/03/17 23:24

Sukitansee :

I'm at level 37, retiring at the end of this season and offloaded several players with good base scores and high development potential. They didn't go for exorbitant prices. Have also picked up a few 'finished articles' to support my final fling, again at reasonable prices. Also passed over plenty of players I would have gone for if intending to play on.

So in other words I don't see what the problem is. Haven't noticed anything unusual about the level 37 auction house this season.

Very surprising viewpoint. I and my guild buddies at L36/37/38 today have noticed the lack of quality in the auctions for the last few months - basically since they introduced the premium sales. There are very few 170/180 Q players in the auction, but loads of junk at 160 and lower and a raft of journeymen in the 200+ area who cost a fortune for one season's worth of play. Greed will kill this game in the end, as the best players are all beginning to hang their boots up!

I've never been enthusiastic about the 'pay real cash for a maxed out player' concept especially when some people took this to an extreme but I don't expect to pick up lots of players that are almost as good for free through the auction house.

I don't consider players rated at 160 to be junk especially when their skill points have been allocated to the right areas. I managed 6 wins and a positive points difference in the top tier last season with a first team rated under 160 on average.

Of course the best players are gradually hanging up their boots because every game has limits to its playability. There was a lot of fuss about this on the forum several months ago but there are new skilful players coming through all the time and a growing number in total.

For the most part I agree with your last paragraph, the problem I see with it today is that a person starting today is over 2 years from the top league. When I started I think I was 6 months out. So the replacement rate will sadly slow down each season. The game is not dead, but it is not as healthy as it was. I am sad about this because it is a great game, but some form of relegation with a cap on the highest league is needed for new players but it would hurt the game for the current top players, kind of a catch 22 for sure.
06/03/17 23:32
Yes we agree BM. As long as the top tier keeps getting 5 points further away from the new starters then the climb to reach the top will grow ever longer.

Don't think this can go on too much longer so I'm hoping RM 3 isn't too far away in which case I'll be back
07/03/17 10:57
Bet you're fuming Webb Ellis managed to stop the swapping of teams in and out of guilds before you could get rps transferred to yourself. Doozer and EK did alright out of it, but we managed to get the 48 hour rule implimented before you could get your hands on some. Sorry, not sorry.
07/03/17 13:45
You don't have to be in same guild to transfer RP do you?
07/03/17 19:20
Touche, BM. Probably helps though.
07/03/17 23:29
Bluemooners :

Bet you're fuming Webb Ellis managed to stop the swapping of teams in and out of guilds before you could get rps transferred to yourself. Doozer and EK did alright out of it, but we managed to get the 48 hour rule implimented before you could get your hands on some. Sorry, not sorry.

Huh? Who was that directed at?