A gvg match-up to prove what a joke the ranking system is

24/07/17 20:25
There is an easy compromise average rating divided by average crowd. The higher the combined average, the higher you rate as a guild.

Or the leader/right hand could put their guild into the pot with certain conditions put in place (average opposition rating/average crowd rating/size (number of members) of guild etc) and they could be matched up accordingly when opposition becomes available.

Also time wise, the time it takes the first guild to find opposition should be taken off the 24 hours it takes to get ready for a GvG. So if it takes six hours for opposition to be found, the GvG would start 18 hours not 24 hours later. Obviously there would be a minimum time just in case it takes 24 hours or more to find opposition (which is not unheard of).
25/07/17 01:20
Tolgate Seconds :

There is an easy compromise average rating divided by average crowd. The higher the combined average, the higher you rate as a guild.

Or the leader/right hand could put their guild into the pot with certain conditions put in place (average opposition rating/average crowd rating/size (number of members) of guild etc) and they could be matched up accordingly when opposition becomes available.

Also time wise, the time it takes the first guild to find opposition should be taken off the 24 hours it takes to get ready for a GvG. So if it takes six hours for opposition to be found, the GvG would start 18 hours not 24 hours later. Obviously there would be a minimum time just in case it takes 24 hours or more to find opposition (which is not unheard of).

Rating isn't everything. There are plenty of teams that aren't maxed out that have brilliant strats. I would prefer it to go off ranking and fans. Then it would be upto the leader and rhs to get everyone onboard with taking the rankings seriously.
25/07/17 14:15
Bluemooners :

Tolgate Seconds :

Rating isn't everything. There are plenty of teams that aren't maxed out that have brilliant strats. I would prefer it to go off ranking and fans. Then it would be upto the leader and rhs to get everyone onboard with taking the rankings seriously.

I did mean rankings rather than squad rating. As you mention it is the best way to tell who are the stronger guilds.
27/07/17 13:17
Honestly guys, does it really matter? we are a small community in the top 3 leagues, and we all know who the better guilds are. and lets face it, if Hellfire and Terra had to meet (this is just an example), while its exciting and fun it would inevitably just and up a dull draw...
27/07/17 14:11
Gillson :

Honestly guys, does it really matter? we are a small community in the top 3 leagues, and we all know who the better guilds are. and lets face it, if Hellfire and Terra had to meet (this is just an example), while its exciting and fun it would inevitably just and up a dull draw...

I agree it would likely be a draw, but I've been in several of the heavyweight gvg matchups and I find them anything but dull. Almost guaranteed draw (especially if people don't agree on mb free) but each defense feels 10x more exciting to me.
03/08/17 01:13
It's happening again. Same 80th ranked team based on fan numbers we played not that long ago we are currently milking again! They have improved but nowhere near enough to cause us any problems. How is this fair on them?
05/08/17 00:12
personally think the current ranking system is all a bit of farce on all fronts and I don't just mean the GC's either. I'm in a guild called If Carlsberg did guilds they have some exceptionally highly skilled and knowledgeable players but they don't build their fans so they never see great teams we have several players over 200 rated and majority of the time we see nobody above the rating of 150 because of our 2.4 million fanbase. They all boast how their current streak is however many wins on the spin which yes it's an achievement but none of the guilds we come against are even a contest because of the number of fans collectively in the guild.
05/08/17 02:04
Wow, I would boot you out of my guild so fast your head would spin if you talked that poorly about us. So to sum up today, you hate the game, you hate the people who make the game free and you hate your guild....sorry that the grapes you bought at the store were sour.
05/08/17 07:11
No your twisting my words BM your correct about me hating the developers who make such a messed up game , but I can't blame my own guild members for playing the system fair play to them they've found a loophole and they're exploiting what is so very wrong within the game. It would be like me creating a guild with 10 players all over 150 rated and just cutting it off at that point so the fans weren't there but the talent was the lads even choose someone to milk as they put it b4 the GC has even started that's how easy our GC's actually are. I just think it's absolutely ridiculous how the current system is purely based on how many fans you have not the average levels of talent within but no I don't blame my guild at all for exploiting a very poorly constructed method of how GC's are selected BM
05/08/17 10:40
Time for gvg to be matched by the total wins or time to bring in a gvg style championship