Why search for a gc if you're not going to play?

07/04/18 10:52
Trouble is a lot of the smaller guilds also have this attitude of why bother if we don't stand any chance of winning. So you draw some team you've never heard of whos highest rated players are worse than your lowest and they don't play. Which is stupid as they still get paid but that's still what happens. It's really annoying.
07/04/18 12:22
Our Guild has always had the philosophy from day one that everyone plays all their games for Gate Money (essential) and progression towards Training Points (also essential). A year ago we were getting smashed by much better Guilds but that was how we all learned and improved over time, by playing all our games and studying the opposition in depth.

Don't play your games and you will never improve.

[EDIT] btw...the search criteria is based on +/-33% of "average" fans so it is much worse than you feared.
07/04/18 14:18
20% of larger guild avg
07/04/18 15:26
Black Monks :

20% of larger guild avg

Oh, have they changed it then? I recall you saying the same before a while back and Carshalton correcting you by saying it had never been 20% but had always been +/-33%. They may well have changed it though.

Back on topic, it is a stupid way to choose a GC match-up and should be based more on average team levels.
07/04/18 15:35
I don't remember that correction ever, support says 20% of larger avg, and I haven't seen a gvg that doesn't fit that after inspection.
07/04/18 20:02
Dhsfp, what time you guys searching next gc? Your guild is looking good these days, I see you have few new recruits. It was very close last meeting as I recall. 1 team left on your side if my memory serves but we had guys on hols which was gauling but happens, you played very well. Be nice to have another shot.
07/04/18 21:37
Dreadlocked warriors :

Dhsfp, what time you guys searching next gc? Your guild is looking good these days, I see you have few new recruits. It was very close last meeting as I recall. 1 team left on your side if my memory serves but we had guys on hols which was gauling but happens, you played very well. Be nice to have another shot.

Got one starting in just under 18.5 hours against SA Rebellion Alpha which should actually be a decent test for both of us so going to be a while for our next search sorry. Happy to play a good Guild like your own though if we can coordinate it properly

P.S. New recruits are "old hands" at the game in Dropkicks and ABS...original members of Lomu's Legends way back and a couple of really nice guys.
08/04/18 12:32
We're 4 hours in to one so we'll out of sinc, actually a good line up though, got les amis d l'ovaile (rank 8), they're putting up a good fight tbf, they've improved a lot since we last met, it's surprised us.
Yeh thought I'd seen their names before, Ystradgynlais looks a bit tasty too. Mind you, not surprised there's sod all else to do there, I know, I grew up not far away in Caerphilly where there's also sod all to do.
Would be a good line up but I don't think are guys would be willing to wait that long for a match up that usually doesn't work.
08/04/18 13:25
Yea...no worries Dw....no point waiting that long on what would be a long shot anyway.

Ystradgynlais is one of our very top teams and a really nice bloke. Very helpful towards others in the Guild. Hope he doesn't see this though or he will think I have gone soft
08/04/18 13:42
DHSFP :

Yea...no worries Dw....no point waiting that long on what would be a long shot anyway.

Ystradgynlais is one of our very top teams and a really nice bloke. Very helpful towards others in the Guild. Hope he doesn't see this though or he will think I have gone soft

Your still a pr1ck Al lol