Buying/Selling players.

12/02/16 07:50
I'm sure this has been brought up before but anyway. Why can I not sell to lower divisions so I can get money for players of an average to lower rating for my league? It's daft!
It seems that buying players from league 6 upwards costs a small fortune, yet whenever I sell you get next to nothing. Quite often losing points after the initial 10 point fee. Which is another daft thing IMO.
Is there specific times to buy/sell that is best? Has anyone actually made real recruiter points from a sale or do they randomly put players in your action house?
Any help on any of these matters/questions would be gratefully received.

Glasgow Warriors
12/02/16 10:06
It's definitly been brought up before, you are not alone in thinking it is daft. I have only once managed to make what I would term a decent amount on a player, i.e. over 100 after the player sell cost.

In terms of a time, it's hit and miss, people clock the patterns, then everyone tries at that time. I've had days where I could almost buy a full squad for well under 1000 points just after 6AM but other days where it's almost impossible to buy a player for 1000 at that time. When you get to championship level 9, the 'affordable' players all seem to be aged 28+ on over 20k on wages too.

Most of my first team are mid 40's to mid 50's in star rating, with exception of a #9. damned if i can get anything in the same level without spending many thousands of recruiter points, and there is the problem. Sublinet want to you to buy gold balls, to exchange for recruiter points. it's how they make money out of the game (that and the annoying full screen ad's that pop up). So in their eyes, if they make it an open market, you won't have so much of a problem buying players, so won't be buying the gold balls.

*Ironically after posting that, I did get a 43 rated #9 for a single RP. Tried to bid on 4 others though (45-47), all who were on 1RP, 3 of them I failed to be highest bidder going in with over 1K RP bids
12/02/16 10:57
Made over 2.5k in one day buying in different time zones and selling to others best thing i didn't spend more than 10 coins on an individual player
Also depends when you sell during the championship season sell at the start is more profitable been farming lvl 10 for 3 seasons now buy when its about to end and sell when the new one starts
13/02/16 09:53
I think that Adam (gw) has a particular problem being in champ 22 that the pool is now simply too small being just under haves again in a couple of days. The championships need to be grouped now ie 1-3 or 11-12.....
13/02/16 09:53
Forgot to add if you didn't know you can only buy and sell in the same championship level.
15/02/16 19:24
Given the exponential RP cost for any decent rated player at the higher levels - and the inflationary pressures being applied to keep competitive, the "non-payer" will get marginalized over time.

So, what happens if you don't purchase players and eventually your squad retires over time? Given you cant be relegated is it just "game over".