Posts Locked in Anticipation?

19/02/17 14:15
Locking posts in anticipation that they might break forum rules... has this gone too far now? Many of us play this heavily flawed game for a bit of fun and some banter. I like to think the forums can be used for some debates, a healthy differing in opinions and a bit of amicable rivalry that spills onto the game. Perhaps I am wrong.
19/02/17 14:21
Agree totally
19/02/17 14:45
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to far. But I think you should have banned yourself before creating your post since the next step is clearly thought police, what a great movie that was
19/02/17 15:03
There is potential for conflict on this thread, I think it should be locked in case anyone says anything they shouldn't.
19/02/17 15:07
The real question is will they lock the post AND make it an announcement so it always stays at the top of the forum? Odd to try to diffuse conflict and keep it at the top of the forum.
19/02/17 15:14
El's Dynamos :

There is potential for conflict on this thread, I think it should be locked in case anyone says anything they shouldn't.

You could say that all posts have potential for conflict and lock the whole forum? We are after all competing against one another.
19/02/17 16:42
This appears to be effectively breaching Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights as to freedom of expression. Free players and Golden balls anyone?
19/02/17 16:52
There does seem to be a tendency to react to potential non events such as silencing of people by either deleting/altering there post or banning them altogether or locking threads.

I personally thought it was just good banter and I myself posted in that thread as banter.

The forum should be a NO FUN zone, oh wait, it already is!
19/02/17 17:26
The Real Rugby Manager Banter :

This appears to be effectively breaching Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights as to freedom of expression. Free players and Golden balls anyone?

Give it a while and we won't have to worry about that sort of stuff... ooh political!
19/02/17 17:49
Also, looking back on my ban the rationale provided was that carshalton was tired of me and he thought others were too. I'm tired of carshalton and it is a fact others are too. Therefore he should be banned for fairness correct?